Monday, May 31, 2010

Folk life

I was a blues day, some fine blues by a guy named Nick Vigarino watching all the folks dancing, lookin' like they're havin' fun. Later, a workshop for blues guitar shows me what I pretty much know awreddy except how to actually play good! I know, "two chords and the truth" Twelve bars, AAB rhyme scheme, that little triangular D7 fingering pattern, and the 3-0, 3-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 3-0 scale pattern. Know it all,
but still can't play more than eight bars 'fore I fall off the trail.
Hooray for the computer whereat I c'n edit and store and print out score.

I ate a polish sossage too, with 'craut'n'onions.
Wuz awful.
'Onion' the word showed up on the crossword this mornin', Is that a totally weird coincidence?

Or What?

The answer is "What"

Or even "What?"

Had a little panic attack about the piano violin piece.
I posted it, and my old buddy Glenn listened to it.
You remember my old buddy Glenn?
Salt of the earth.
Anyway, he listened to it and commented with a nice review comparing it with one of the greatest works of art in the world.
I can put up with that, it can be compared to one of the greatest works of art in the world.
The problem was that he indicated that it was 5:10 minutes long!!!
It's s'posed to be 6:15 or so!!!!
So I had a heart thumping night of sleeplessness 't till I could fire up the 'puter and check it out again.
Whuttifit got cut off or "edited" bu the great "THEM"?
Or sumpin'

But.....

It's O.K.

More than O.K.

It can be compared to the greatest work of ART the world has ever known.

Well.....I guess that looks like a punch line.

8 Comments:

Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Should we expect a nifty blues piece as you expand your musical horizons sometime in the near future?

:D

9:26 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I used to be a painter
My favorite color blue
Till someone stole my paintbox
Now I don't know what to do

The loss of my vocation
Has messed up my whole life
Now all I do is stay home
And make love to my wife

This kind of thing has consequences
I'm sure that you all know
And now I'll bet that you can guess
Where this little song will go

I got the babies 'cause I lost my blues

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Blues in not about you feeling better, the Blues is about making other people feel worse"
....Blind Ethnic Pigiron.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Let's hear it for some ass-
thumpin' boot-kicking blues,
son! Glad to see that you
had a good time in the dampness
up there at Folklife.
As BB says, "Iff u eet two
munch polish sossage, lay
rite offf dat onion & crout!"
We had onions in our stew
on the same day; yes, those
coincidences just pile up
like dead fleas on a dosed
dog, sir. I did like your
piano and violin composition,
yes, and the timing I had
seemed to be accurate.
Don't know what happened
to the last minute. Maybe
you just had the modulations
go so low, or a break in the
music, and I thought it was
over, when in fact there was
more magic to munch.
"G" might have a good point
though, if you underdstand the
mechanics of playing the blues,
but you can morph into an
older Johnny Lang, then let
your computer do the crying,
and get some blues tracks down,
dude. Can the computer emulate
a slide guitar?
Had a rough three days dealing
with some new symptoms secondary
to my medical issues, but seem
to be coming out of it this
fine work morning. Just four
weeks left of my servitude.
Can you possibly dig it?
Then I will be as cool as
Meredith, or even you.
A new foot soldier in the
Army of the Retired, oh
yeah! Have a film club meeting
tonight, where we pick the
film to watch for August.
July will be our dark month,
letting folks have their
vacations and shit. Hey, I'm
got the first three weeks
in July on a 6,000 mile road
trip myself. Probably will
drive my new ride, Zukeman.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Oh, by the by, boy, I
did like the innane and
down home twang of your
spontaneous blues lyrics;
could even hear a few
chords and licks coming
through the cyber zone.
So I posted it, as is my
custom with your best
efforts, over on FFTR.
I entitled it BUGATTI BLUES.
There will be someone out
there who will dig it
the most, or maybe a little.
Lane Savant could come along
of course and point out
that it is a silly or
stupid attempt at blues
lyrics; but then again,
the blues lyric has never
been great literature.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Yo, Bro, and Dudes & Dudettes!
Tis Wednesday, and the week
be humping itself wet, not
dry, no, no, no dry humping
please, for it is raining
like 27 sombitches down here
in the South Sound. I have
a good wax job on the new
ride, and that water beads
up like a bitch; love it.
Thanks for the kudo, of sorts,
within the comment there,
sir. This past couple of
years since you have re-
entered my sphere have been
grand, dandy, cool, and
interesting. You got me
into blogging, and have
provided me with both more
education and fellowship.
Thanks be to ye and yours.
My film club meeting went
off very well last night.
Makes a long day though,
to go from the office to
downtown, and get home at
8pm. Soon it will be easier
they tell me, and I will
finally get the rest I
have been missing all these
workaday years.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

My baby don't do me
like she should,
cuz she mad bout dis
and dat,

She know better but
dat's all she would
do for me tonite,
make me crazy tight,

Dem udder womens say
dey do me just fine,
jez gotta put all my
money on the line,

Damn, baby, you gives
me dose old man blues,
and you gotta stop
fore I calls a cop,

and put your shapely
ass up in da jailhouse,
den dat police man gonna
teach you, teach you

to do your daddy mo' better.
Ain't kiddin'round no mo',
gonna kick your butt out
da door,

unless you do me right
tonight! Oh yeah, umm,
umm, zip, uh-huh, dat's
right, tonight.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Disrespectful...probably,
silly, innane...maybe
dumber than dirt...no
racist...certainly not
channeled blues....damn rights.

I can hear Lightning Hopkins
or Kev Mo or Taj Mahal or
even Steve the Travelin
Blues Man warbling my tune.
So, hey, Lane, why not use
the lyrics and put in the
riffs?

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being