Friday, May 14, 2010

Rivers

When a river has to turn a corner it often forms a back current, a little pool of water that swirls in a vortex exempting itself from the main current of it's life, going around in circles, advancing it's journey not a whit.
That is the feeling I have about this day, a Friday, a Friday that will apparently remain sunny for it's duration.

But just how much do I resemble a river (aside from being all wet, as my dear departed mother would no doubt quip)?

.............(A significant passage of time)..........

I can't think of anything.

At least those rotating pools of river water provide fish with respite on their battle with contrarian currents on the trek to paradise.

But, In A Greater Sense....don't we all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Friko said...

when a river has to turn a corner?
does a river ever do that?
I do know that when a river has to make a bend, after time it will cut off the bend and just run straight across, forming a pool and bow which is called an ox-bow. I think that is a lovely word.
I like rivers and trees, they are like poetry flowing and waving and weaving.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Blue Bunny said...

amd mabee the muskeetoes can live in them corners, and that maeks the frogs happee??

my jannie wood liek this one, butt she is sleeping.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Rivers are capable of more than we dream of in our philosophies.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Freda said...

- the last couple of years of iffy health have made me feel as if I have been struggling to tread water in a backwater. Thankfully, things are now better. Blessings on you and yours.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
1) Thanks for adding to my knowledge of rivers by telling me what happens at a bend in them!!
2) How about a bike ride on sunny days like the one mentioned in this blog?????????
Tschüß,
Anonomann (+ LL, who always likes bike rides on sunny days (át least when the water is not yet warm enough for a swim) (and who always wants me to send her regards to you, Meredith, and Keth)

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being