Friday, June 11, 2010

E - G# - B -

Got in last night from the recording session after 12 but still couldn't sleep in.
Been this way for awhile. Couple of months. Usually I seem to need 10 hours. Maybe I'm enjoying life or something and want more consciousness.
Anyway , so what?
Recording session was fun. Some of the kids write some nice piano music and some of the kids sing well, and some of the old farts hire professionals.
I got there early and found a rack of guitars next to a comfy chair.
Picked up this Ovation six string and made the magic sign for an E chord.
The action was so nice and smooth that it seemed like the guitar was sucking the music out of my fingers.
Played some blues riffs to relax.
Nice ax.
Plays better than my Martin 00018.
Plays smooth -
Plays sweet -
Plays every note that uncle Doug needs
If I could aver finish a song, or sing, I'd want to buy one.
But I don't want to sell the Martin.
Or spend the money that could go to hiring real musicians.
Maybe I'll just spend more time at music stores pretending I'm gonna buy something.

Anyhow, I'm in a good mood, so probably not be very funny today.

Besides, it's made in Korea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!!
Glad you're enjoying´life and that the recording session was fun!! Hopefully it will lead to live performances by professionals!!!
Glad also that the guitar responded properly! Guitarist LL sends (as usual) greetings to you, Meredith, and Keth.
If all goes according to my flight ticket (hazards: strikes, volcano ash winds, etc.), I'll arrive at SEA-TAC the afternoon of 25 June. I look forward to seeing you all at Redwing shortly thereafter!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being