Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Dogfight in the moonlight

View from the dinner table




A few minutes later two ufos got into a dogfight over the lake.
I managed to get a good picture, but when I went to load it on the site, it had mysteriously disappeared.

I'm going to school today to continue work on the bass concerto, which is starting to turn into a reasonable piece of music.
However I'm still hoping to finish this whole concerto project and move on to...

to...

Whatever... more symphonies perhaps.

Trying to avoid writing a piano concerto.

Or percussion.

Although now that I mention it, a piano concerto sounds like an interesting project.

A lot of things sound like that.

Anyway the season is starting for our favorite orchestras, the Rainier and Philharmonia Northwest.

I've been promising myself that I would submit scores to them, and others for years but I still have trouble taking myself seriously as a musician due to my abject inability to play an instrument, read music, dance or sing.

At least it's not illegal yet.

Of course it doesn't need to be illegal for THEM to do it to ME

C'est la vie.

Quod fiat, fiat.

And quod prius, prius.

So long neighbors and friends.

And so long to Ophelia, wherever you may be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Damned shame about the mysterious
disappearance of that photo.
What the world needs now,
midst the chaos and the bliss
of the end of days, is to
get some proof postive that
we are not alone in this
universe, or any other.
It is depressing to find out
that aliens have conflicts
too, that they will squabble
and come to blows; kind of
gives one a Sci-Fi Star Trek
Star Wars rush, enit?
Perhaps one day you will get
around to submitting your work
to some of these folks whose
opinion you value; but of
course one has to steel them
selves up for some divers
form of rejection. You are your
creativity, your music is you,
so IF they do not use it,
somehow this becomes a direct
slam on the right brained
impish monkeys that whisper
in our ears incessantly.
I keep big journal/scrapbooks
on the journey of the Tacoma
Film Club. I have just about
filled up volume III. Scrap
books are weird. They are
great fun to do, but the
bottom line is no one else
gives a rat's ass about them.
I have a few I put together
about movies like 40 years
ago; neat to check them
out--but I wonder how Melva
will dispense of all that
useless paper when I make
my transition from this
plane of existence?

Glenn

6:00 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I love that you're enjoying your musical process all the way.

Ophelia, Ophelia, what has become of you?

Remember how she said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day?

Does anybody else here, feel the way I do?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Blue Bunny said...

i likes doggies fiting wit each udder in the moonlites, as long as dey leaves me aloan.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being