Friday, December 05, 2008

Kentucky

I have decided to resort to strong drink in order to warm up this cold and lonely season.
Either that, or stave off this cold and lonely season as an excuse to drink distilled spirits

I firmly believe (sort of) that most, if not all, mankind's problems are caused by their perceived solutions.

Y'know what I mean?
You start to worry about something or other and next thing you know there's an insurance salesman at your door.

You get afraid some noise in the night and next thing ya know, marijuana's illegal.

Which creates an illicit market for the stuff
Which creates an artificial demand
Which creates a profit incentive
Which creates desperation
Which creates real noises in the night as some desperate person breaks into your house...

'cause he needs some cash

I mean, like, the government wants to protect you so it taxes you to buy deadly weapons.
Which need to be tried out on something
If you're not careful...

Someone you know and love, (are those two things even compatible?) is acting oddly
(complaining about your abuse, for instance) so you refer them to a psychiatrist and before you know it they turn out to have every kind of mental or moral (????) disease known to man and some that get made up on the spot.

Which just turns their oddity into gibbering lunacy.

All of which could have taken care of by a bullshit session over a shot of good booze and.....and

Another shot....

So I'm in the midst of a book about James Joyce's daughter Lucia...(light)

Whose problems as you may have guessed by now fall under the category I have just mentioned.

Punished for complaining about being punished.

So, don't cry for me you ignorant jackasses, what's it to ya if I get drunk and...

Hik!...

.........Belligerent



So anyway, look for me tonight at the Composers Salon
Which will take place at the Chapel at the Good Shepard Academy
Located at 50th and Sunnyside

8:00 PM




I'll be there stoned cold sober.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

So what? NO, So, what is happening at the Salon this evening?

I really dug your holiday rant, dripping with politico and substance abuse and philosophy. I found the linebreaks easily and posted it as the latest Palmer gem on FFTR.

I had to stay home this morning while my pick up had a special hose replaced, so that it will no longer overheat and consider stranding me anywhere. It gave me time to do my meager couple dozen Christmas cards, one off to the Palmers. I used to love the handmade cards that Doug once used to send out. Last year it was Bah Humbug and I sent out zip cards. But then I felt guilty when many cards showed up from friends and family all unsolicited.

I gave up demon rum and all forms of alcoholic spirits like 30 years ago. Sometimes I miss the buzz and the hangovers.

Glenn

AV is "pundwina"

5:25 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Just got back from the salon.
Marcus Oldham had a great piece based on native ritual effects played on drums, stones, dried roots, and seashells.

Very effective, like opening a door onto the next world.
&
A guitar orchestra played a nice piece that was pretty conventional
&
An miked viola run through a computer was loud, soft, complex, and a bit too long.
&
A solo piano piece that spoke to neither of us.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Lane+Emily!
"Someone you know and love, (are those two rhings even compatible?) ... ." Is that why you can love Emily, Lane, because you don't really know the real Emily Dickinson?? Interesting question. However, when anyone knows the LL, it is obvious that to know her is also to love her!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being