Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Now

is the winner in a discount tent......
But I am not made for such nonsense
I am apparently here for a slightly different kind of nonsense.

As follows.

To answer some questions put to me by Butch on yesterday's comment section.

At a Starbucks on Queen Anne.
The cars are not only running but being sold at great profit.
I heard from the guy who bought the ALFA from the guy I sold it to for $1,500 says he paid $15,000.
Bristols (in pristine condition)
go for $70,000, and cinquecentos go for over $10,000 at auction
I got $2,500 for the B and $500 for the FIAT
We've got a new set.
Keth is in charge of the electronics around here and works all the time.
I only watch TV for SNL anyway.
Ruby is three, I think,
Keth was there, but didn't make much noise.
Nothing of any great import ever happened to me in a church.


Speaking of great import;
We really like our new Prius

But, while we are on the subject;

Some are born to greatness
Some achieve greatness
Some have greatness thrust upon them
Some stumble on greatness and fall on their ass.

I had greatness shove me aside to steal my place in line.

What the heck is greatness anyway?

What's so great about it?






Is this a great picture, or what?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Yeah, that is a great picture; looks a bit like the north beaches of Washington State near Copalis.

I love your treatise on GREATNESS. It morphed a bit into poetic linebreaks:

Some are born to greatness
Some achieve greatness
Some have greatness thrust upon them
Some stumble on greatness and fall on their ass.

I had greatness shove me aside to steal my place in line.

What the heck is greatness anyway?

What's so great about it?

Doug Palmer December 2008

I've had some bloggers make comments about the razor wit of Lane Savant and his nome d' plume', Doug Palmer, or is Nomad of Plums? Anyway you have continued to forge your reputation as the rake of Renton, the sage of Seattle, the nerdowell of the north.

Well, divesting yourself of the metal and iron and aluminum of your past was essential for you to progress full-blown into your new identity as COMPOSER, not knuckle-busting grease-monkey mechanical, enit?

Thanks for responding to my many inquires. Sometimes I am a curious bastard. Churches are where you find them. Mine was always deep into the mountains, or on a wind swept beach, or a sea of glass smoothness, baptised by kelp. Somewhere in the midst of your sardonic and woebegone profile is a smidgeon of spirituality. I see it. I hear it. I smell it. You got it, man. Don't waste it. Put your focus on the things that matter; whatever the hell they are.

Keth is quiet.

That is a sentence that can stand alone like half a haiku.

I found a great illustration for Greatness to hang over your poetic meanderings.

Glenn

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Greatness is knowing you're great but never letting on.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being