Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day to day

Spent yesterday fixing up holes in the house, replacing some busted siding and repairing some rotted spots.
Getting ready for the painters to, hopefully, do it right this time.
Although I'll probably not ever know if it lasts 30 years, 'cause I'm not likely to.
I'll know if it's a bad job, however, most likely.
Been looking for a pianist for a salon performance of the violin/piano piece.
"Eight ball in the side pocket" first on the jukebox over there.
Got the violinist, a great one, but first choice for piano is not available.

Finished our subscription to the Seattle Chamber Music festival this year.
Four performances.
Great music close up.
Was a touch weird going to B-Hall where I once heard my very own work performed.
"Nightmare prelude"
Is that on my jukebox?
Lemme check.
Yes, number seventeen.

Earlier in the month, I attended Soundbridge,  a recital for David's students where David and Tony Rondolone played my set of caprices for piano and clarinet.
"Caprichino"
Recorded it too.
Didn't feel odd at all being there. I guess I really don't care about SSO's opinion of myself.
Most all of the folks I met during my volunteer time were truly nice people.
The trouble came from one I didn't know at all and wouldn't recognize if I saw her on the street.
Which I may have done.
How would I know?

The other troublemaker was a "Christian", so you just got to forgive, forget, and turn the other cheek, because, that's something that these people worship too much to ever sully with actual practice.

Anyway, I'm stiff and sore after putting in an actual work day's worth of work yesterday, so I'm off to do nothing today.
Soon as I see who wrote this post.

Whoaa! James Joyce wrote it!

Yes - The

8 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

That website must be bizarre cool.
I not dipped into it though. I have
enough trouble with multiple
personality issues, enit?
Hope to go out with friends today
and catch a screening of
INCEPTION. Perhaps DeCraprio
will be tolerable in it. Still struggling
to "respect" his talent. Scorsese
things he is great, so maybe I'm
missing something.
Middle of doing the daily watering
this AM, trying to get the new
grass seed to sprout. It is all a bit
uneven so far, with bald spots front
and back yards; after thatching a
month ago. Saw THE LAST
AIRBENDER yesterday, and had
to struggle to overlook the
bad writing, bad acting, and
odd editing. Maybe M. Night
Shamalynn will be a non-
hot shot soon. His last several
films have been marginal, at
best. Expect Christoper Nolan
to knock it out of the park with
INCEPTION, rated at 5 stars in
the South Sound. Film is touted
to be part MATRIX and part
JAMES BOND, meets MEMENTO.
I thank Allah each year that we
live in a brick home, and in
18 years have painted it like
zero times. I will need to go
to your jukebox and listen to
"Eight Ball in the Side Pocket."
Great to hear that the SSO
gestapo did not intercept you
at B-Hall, and that you are
becoming more philosophical
about your emotional trauma
of many moon ago.
As to Christians, well like Jews
they create their own issues
just by disregarding their own
histories. I seem to be more
partial to Jews than Christians;
they seem more genuine and
sincere to me--but what do
I know? A little perhaps.
My JAP ex-wife, or practice
wife, Renea called me the
week I retired. She is really
out there, several bricks shy
of a decent load, I say.
And yet she calls me several
times a year, and stays in touch.
I don't feel guilty about not
reciprocating, just a bit sad.
Haven't had time to blog
much last couple of days;
a million loose ends it seems.
Got to check Jannie out soon.
The Applehouse site is on
sabbatical until September.
She liked my June poem though.
Since Yi Ching Lin posts a daily
poem on her site, it will take a
while to sort through them and
post some on FFTR.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

CHRIST ALMIGHTY! The comment
section kept giving me messages
that my comment was
"too long". Then it refused to
recognize me.
Then it refused to accept correct word
verifications. My turn in the barrel it
seems. What horse shit. Maybe you can
delete the extra three comments.
Anyway, I love computers. They
make me so happy.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

All God does is watch us
and kill us when we get boring.
We must never, ever be
boring.

..............Chuck Palahniuk

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I'll try to get rid of the x-tra s

1:06 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

There;
I ran your profile bio through the famous writer thing.
It was written by David Foster Wallace.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Why didn't you mention the concert at Sound bridge, where your superb "Caprices for Clarinet & Piano were performed; I'd have LOVED to have heard these works LIVE, after loving them on the CD you gave me?? I could have also impressed the German clarinetist to whom I gave them by saying I also heard them in a concert in the Seattle Symphony building.
Tschuess,
Anonomann

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Glenn!!
Yes, your comments ARE "too long"; shorter ones would be read by more people!!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Hope you find your pianist!! How about a fellow starving music student at SeaCentComCol??? They'd need the money and you need a pianist.
Herzliche Glueckwuensche!!!!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being