Monday, July 05, 2010

Dig it


Dry running the equipment for Merediths upcoming archaeological adventure.

I bought this thing back in the seventies along with my gore-tex jacket that I still wear and can be seen in many of my photos.

Still looks good and works well.

Nice fourth with the family, although they sort of arrived sequentially rather than en partie.
Gary didn't get here 'till 3:30 and Dan and Maria 'till 7:30 or so.

But the kids were a hoot.
Literally.
I showed them my collection of ABS hardware store instruments, violins, et cetera and yea did they create a joyful noise.

Now I have a commission to make a small violin for Ruby.

It's nice to have a reason to make something.

I think I'll make an exit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Friko said...

hardware store instruments? What are they?

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Flutes, oboes, a bassoon like thing, a trombone, all made out of ABS plastic pipe. They sound horrible.
I posted pictures once.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

If you search the word(s) er-hu, on my site, you'll find a picture of some of these things. The blog title is "More stupid instruments"

10:51 PM  
Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Amazing how things from that time period still hold up today.

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
The trombone sounded just as good as its brass brothers; I haven't heard the ABS oboe yet.
Tschuess,
Anonomann

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being