Monday, June 15, 2009

Up the Creek

1, The mighty Skagit river























2, Into the mossy woods to the falls.























3, Ladder creek, the stream feeding the mighty Skagit






















4, One of the many waterfalls making up ladder creek.
























I got tagged with a meme, here are the answers.

1, Jaques Tati, I don’t know why.
2, My computer music composition setup.
3, Being harassed by Seattle Symphony security on the streets of my own home town.
4, First Bicycle.
5, Pissing away my $5000.00 savings account opening my own shop instead of buying the Ferrari I could have bought instead.
6, Arrogant, Absurd, Irreverent, Insecure.
7, It’s 2008 already? Umm.. Selling off my collection of odd automobiles. (1951 Bristol Saloon {which I was just dreaming about}, 1960 FIAT 500, 1961 ALFA Romeo Guiletta Spyder).
8, If not Triplets of Belleville, then Casablanca.
9, I intend to be the definitive voice in 21st century orchestral music.
10, Duke Nukem. I realize he is a computer game character, but he’s a cartoon nonetheless.

One stupid thing?….Today already?
Promised my self a 60 mile bike ride which I’m already late for and don’t feel like now that I’m awake.

For the questions, check out Jannie Funster. She's linked under blog party revelers.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Very tantalizing photos; they make me wish I were along for the ride!
In your list of sold autos, the Amphibian is missing! Why? It was a marvelous invention that greatly impressed the LL's sons and grandchildren when I showed them the video of it! Will there be asuiccessor to the Amphibian?? Hope so!
You intendED to be a great 21st century orchestral composer. Why the past tense??? You are still alive and composing, though your greatness may not be recognized until after your death, the miafortune of many, MANY great artists!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

12:09 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

The photos are great, per usual,
like going on a calendar
ride across the state,
and during your road trips,
across the country.
The meme thing just does
not stir my blood.
I actually do not mind
answering the questions,
but the necessity to pass
on the meme to (10) of
your cyber pals is just
lame, lame, lame; kind
of an imposition on others.
It is kind of like all
those mostly lame jokes
that get forwarded on
ad infinitum. Duke Nukem
was a cool choice; wish
I had remembered him.
I answered the questions
too, but posted them on
Jannie's comment page,
enit? Hey, I don't know
if the stars are in better
alignment for me this month
of my birth, or what, but
another pleasant surprise
came to me as an email from
Texas poet Larry D. Thomas;
again appreciating the work
I put into the posting, and
actually thanking me for the
effort. It is like the
fantasy I always had relative
to posting the poetry and
the poets that stir my blood.
Cool beyond cool to get
an atta-boy from the big
boys and girls.
I never had heard how you
came up with the financing
for PALMER AUTOMOTIVE. Just
when somebody thinks they
know you, you slip some
zinger in like that.
I did find the time to
post the 50 images on
David Carradine over on
FFTR; that and the grisly
details of his death
during auto-erotic
strangulation. This old
world can keep us off
balance. Wonder if Dom
DeLuise likes the fact
that with the Rule of Three
Celebrity Deaths, he is
in Carradine's group?

Glenn

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay Butch, why dew ya mention stirrin yer blood so many times?
Iz it two erly for youse to express yerself betta?

......Vinnie

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Douglas dearest....how did you get through that whole list of your favorite things without mentioning me, or my poetry?

.......Emily

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No mention of my one album, SIDEBURNS either. What were you thinking?

..........Eddy Emerald

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you mention Jacques Tati
and not me?

.......Woody Alann

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through
not dying."

.........W. Allen

5:46 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Flanagan sold his shop and the new guy canned me I could have got a decent job easily but decided to "be my own boss" (always wanted to work for an idiot) so instead of making 25 to 30K for the ten years. I made 4 to 16K.
Also got thoroughly bummed out about the whole deal.
Coulda had a Ferrari AND a decent job.
I don't intend to make any more cars, boats, or carboats.
I feel the same way about tagging other bloggers.
I do get a kick out of answering the questions, though.
Glad the site is working out so well for you Glenn.
I still want to read your novels.
I remember reading one of them a long time ago.

Hi Emily, Hi Eddy....

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Va t'en, Woo-dee Alain,

.......Jaques.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being