Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day after Schoolday

'Nother nice day. Chipped sticks untill we both collapsed. Had a little lunch and a lot of water then popped into Zipper the Prius and headed north to get a DVD of the amphibian copied so I can send it to the guy in CA who bought it.
Up the lake and through the tree-lined boulevards and the flower infested arboretum we wended our way north, north, to the quiet neighborhood of Greenwood, (or Phinney Ridge, hard to tell the two apart).

Nice quiet ride in a nice quiet car.
So little gas to take us so far.

The CD shop is in Greenwood not far from the ZOO.
But that wasn't the sole motivation for the trip, after the copyshop, we started our little jaunt home again, Meredith wanted to smell the azaleas in the arboretum.
On the way there we spotted the Red Mill (est 1937, where Phinney turns into Greenwood) and decided to go there for a 'burger, cause we always wanted to do that.

Good Burger.

Anyway we walked the arboretum and smelled the 'zalies and came home.

Whereupon I continued south after dropping M off at home and went to Fry's for some CD blanks and to check out new computers to replace this diesel powered relic.

Then to McClendon's for some ends to repair a 50 ft long power cord that had a short in it.

Fixed the cord, ate some ice cream and wrote this.

Next four days is Folklife some of which I will attend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Zipper is a good handle for a Prius. Our hybrid Camry is called Minnie. Did I ever tell you that? Really reads, sounds, like you had a pleasant day; nearly stress free. The hybrid silence thing, even after several years does seem odd. A car that makes no sound yet is ready to move immediately, and does; what a reality.

Where did you advertise Gokwiis? Did the dude trailer it back to California; northern or southern by the way. I hate to think of the amphibian in southern CA. somehow. I thought the tiny film of you and Gokwiis out in the lake was on VHS. Must cost a ton to convert it and copy it?

Near the Red Mill there used to be a bitchin' Sante Fe Tex/Mex cafe. Melva gave it her endorsement like a decade ago. It is so odd to live one hour from Seattle and just not give a shit about it. I used to drive up more often looking for old friends and ghosts of the past, and one day I just thought
what's up with that?

What kind of ice cream?

Last night at a staff get together at the Lakewood Bar & Grill, I was challenged to exhibit my hog gut, and to order the one pound Monster Burger; which I did, and consumed all by myself. I had to sit there for an hour to get my breath back, but I knocked it down pronto; adding to my already considerable legend, like 13 years ago when my old boss and I had an eat-off and we tied after eating 13 tacos each.

We aced the big inspection here at the office, and were given exemplary marks. Still had washers falling off my sphinkter though. The older I get the less grace I have under review, under the microscope.

On Monday, the holiday, I will take Izzie, my pick up, into the detail shop and get his annual double wax job. I have 196,000 miles on the vehicle now. Japs make good stuff with four wheels on them, enit?

Really weird to have it be daylight at 5am. That's late spring and early summer for you.
I prefer it pitch black for my commute. I don't have to wake up quite so much, just burst out of the darkness and descend upon this campus and be the first to turn on lights on my end of the building.

Glenn

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Very interesting blog!!
How is the Amphibian getting to CA?? Are you or buyer going to sail it along the Pacific coast??
Did the CA person buy it sight-unseen?? If not, why the CD copy to said person??
The shop on Greenwood seems like the shop I use to "translate" visual items (DVDs, videotapes) from USA's NTSC to Europe's PAL system. They do a good job!!
I'll miss the Amphibian, however -- one of Lane's many outstanding creations (like his composistions)!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Glenn!
The version of the video I took to show the LL and her children and children's children (and they were MOST impressed!!) was on an NTSC videotape, which I had traansferred (by the shop on Greenwood) to a PAL videotape; the job was good, but, as you say, a bit expensive -- but Lane's creation was soooo magnificent, that I had to share it with the LL and her family.
Tschuess,
Anonomann

10:47 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Zipper is Zipper because the licence plate is 741 YKK. Sold the amphib on Craig's list. They hauled it away on a trailer. Rocky Road.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I do not believe I have ever smelled an azalea and the season is well over her now. I did so far this season smell paperwhites, hyacinths and roses.

And ate a lot of burgers.

And my car is quiet too. Currently in an Infiniti Q4 with major hail damage. Never aq dull vehicular moment with a car dealer hubby.

And my secret word to post this is... "nonverve," but I do beg to differ on that. Actually quite a lot of verve going on around here.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Y'all!
My car is the quietest of all; it doesn't exist, so it make NO noise whatsoever!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being