Thursday, January 01, 2009

365 - 1

After the oatmeal and crossword part of the day was dealt with, I sawed out a couple pieces of wood that M, needed for a chair restoration project, then spent the day building a Duke map.
Then the last of the chili for dinner and here I am.

Seems that I remember thinking last year that the new year would bring much musical success.
As I do every year.
So 2008 saw the recording session and some string quartet pieces.

Facebook that turned out to be fun even though the cello duet almost but not quite happened.

We took the train south to Ariz. and N.Mex.
That was fun.

Bought a new car.

And laid around the house a lot doing squat.

Which, come to think of it is pretty much what we do when we are "getting away from it all" in some secluded avenue.

Yeah, went to Loch Aerie too, I think.

11 or 12 book group meetings. Fun. Hardly ever read the books. too much Social Significance.

Social Significance is something I've been trying to acquire to very little avail.

Couple of new people commenting on this site.

I'm sure there's lots of other stuff that happened but generally speaking, I like to let the past be the past.
Remembering it only adds to the monotony.
The past, the future, and the now all seem to be near as dammit identical.

I'm anxious about the salon office party tomorrow evening, I like parties, something interesting about hanging around parties.

So...now what?

Next year?

Let's have another one same as the other one.

Same as it ever was.

One down and three hundred sixty four to go.

No pictures today.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have an awful premonition that you are going to be making fun of me in a few days.
I just want you to know that I will take it in the spirit in which it is intended.
That is to say you feel so inadequate
in the light of my talent that all you can do is poke fun.
I hope you can take this in the spirit in which it is intended.
That spirit is...
Bite me, undercooked meat product!

.......Emily

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
You wouldn't be "laying about the house doing squat" if some imbicles at Benaroya were not sooooo dumb as to eschew your valuable services there rather than fully appreciate them!!!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being