Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What makes Chief Sealth trail unique?



* It was built almost entirely from recycled materials, such as recycled soil and crushed concrete from the Link Light Rail Project in Rainier Valley.
* Runs along the City Light utilities corridor in Southeast Seattle, rather than an abandoned railroad bed.



* Connects Beacon Hill with Rainier Valley.
* Future extensions (not currently funded) will include trail connections north to downtown Seattle, and south to the city limits.

Mainly it is where I rode my last ride of 2008.

4 Comments:

Blogger kransberg-talvi said...

Are we being a bit show-offy with pictures? I see I have some catching up to do..

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I stole the trail pics from the Seattle Gov site.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

In fact, I stole the whole post from there.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Oh Yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being