Sunday, December 28, 2008

Snowmoblile

All right! a Ride!!

Not raining.
Streets bare.
More Or Less.
If I'm going to get a ride This Month.
This is IT!
The window is closing.

Not a great ride
Just 5 or so around the top of the hill around here.
Around here the top of one hill is just the bottom of another.
Stump puller gear set most of the trip.
Some hills you kill.
Some hills kill you.

Found some sort of geographical apex near Skyway
Aptly named, Skyway.
Found the Chief Sealth trail.
Nice blacktop.
Smooth curvy path.
One of the hills that killed me.

Tires flinging,
Snowmelt.
Grit.
No Salt.
Jacket, Jeans, and socks in the wash.
As we -

Speak.

Splog;

Distance 7.3 miles,
Average speed 7.3 miles per hour,
Riding time 59:35,
Maximum speed 29.5,
Odometer 1131 miles,
Temperature 45 degrees.

Just a little ride, but I'm amused by it's presumption.
As I'm sure it is by mine.
Not very fast, but mostly uphill.

My shoes are wet too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane et al.,
Glad to read in your entry that the temperature in Seattle's southern hills is already up to 45 degrees F.! And that there is no more ice on the streets and sidewalks. Here the temperature is 0 degrees Celsius at 10:30 a.m. and the skies are clear, so no snow or ice for now; we hope it stays that way for my trip to the Hamburg Airport on the 7th and my flight from there to Seattle on the 8th (eta SEA-TAC 4:45 p.m.),
then by bus to Redwing.
LL and I send regards to you, Meredith, and Keth, and I also to Glenn.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

1:56 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

What a ride midst winter's wane, or just a moment of respite before the next blizzard, a cyclist's blowing breath added to the warm rain, the slush, the melting of the snowwoman.

I loved the flow of the posting. I reposted it on FFTR, with the new title, SNOWMOCYCLE, which seemed to work better for my feeble mind.

I have not been blogging much that last few days. Even on Friday, as the snow was melting, the ice was still thick, and it was hard for me to walk around in parking lots; nearly fell countless times. Then I would go home and have a pity party. Did get out with Melva to see THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, which is the best thing Brad Pitt has done since SEVEN, with the same director. Went by myself yesterday to see THE SPIRIT. It is Frank Miller, but not up to the standards of SIN CITY or 300. Samuel L. Jackson had a good time doing it.

I did enjoy your last two postings, but did not drop any comments therein. Anonomann came through though, so you have no postings with NO COMMENTS listed under them; which is a way of life for meinself over on FFTR; sniff, sniff.

I was thinking the other day that actually, my rants and small talk all get exorcised here on the comment section of FFTL, so even if I tried more of that on FFTR, there would be nothing more to say, to state, to utter, to rant about. Odd that, enit?

There is still piles of dirty snow here in Tacoma, but 99% of it is gone at home in Sumner. That please me, sir, immensily. Now that it is officially winter, we can settle in for the 25 degree windshield scraping mornings and 42degrees with rain and more rain all day. That would suit me just fine.

Glenn

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha.

Ahhh, see how free I felt to laugh?

THANK YOU!!!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being