Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow what?


I didn't go trekking today because of the snow.
Meredith made a gigantic pot of Macaroni and cheese from her special recipe.
That should last for the duration.
There have been a few wolves circling the place so I'm waiting it out.
The main problem is that I didn't get any DVDs yesterday at the library.
So it's mere books again tonight.
I'm about halfway through Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia.
I have every brain anomaly mentioned therein.

Swan Lake is playing on the radio...

Ummm....

I may have to dig the car out, however, 'cause Judith's solstice party is tomorrow and I don't want to miss it.
I could walk, I guess, 'zonly about 5 miles.

We'll see.

That line across the picture of Mount Rainier is a crack in the Volvo's windshield that started with a stone off a truck in Alberta when we went to Drumheller to look at the fantastic dinosaur museum.
Over about three years it traveled about 72% of the way across the windshield then stopped.
That little drama ought to bring a little cheer to your holidays...eh?

I don't know what else to bore you with today...

The cat won't go outside the world as she knew it has come to an end as far as she knows.

Yeah

7 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I love Judith's solstice party! Live for it, as you well know. @Will try not to do what I did there last year.)

And what the heck is happening at the top of that mountain??

4:50 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

That's Mount Rainier. At 16,000 ft
clouds run into it at a regular rate.
It's not unusual to see the whole upper half missing.
It has been a religious object around here for something like forever.
Even after 66 years here it is still an awesome sight when I come around the curve going south on I-5 and it comes into view.
One guy said it even scared him.
Check it out sometime.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

It took me 3 hours to commute 20 miles on Thursday night, avoiding 3 separate accidents that put the various freeways into terminal gridlock. So I did not consider going to work on Friday. My reward for using solid common sense was the Winter Blizzard that descending on us on Saturday.

Mt. Rainier is 14, 410 feet tall, and it is the spirit mountain for all of us.

Glenn

2:06 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Go ahead, Glenn, bring factual accuracy into it.
Also it turns pink some sunsets.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane, et al.,
The Cat is smarter than I thought; I'd not want to go out in the weather Seattle is now having!!
The LL sends her regards to Meredith, you, and Keth.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane, Glenn, et al.,
This year, we did not gather pine or fir branches in a forest to be paganly christmassy; rather, the LL (a.k.a. "Musclewoman") sawed off a thick branch of the fir tree on her garden plot and put it in a wastebasket on her 10th floor balcony as our "christmas" (better Solstice!!) decoration. Like Judith, the LL celebrates (at home) solstice, as both of us have been longing for the days to get longer!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann
P.S. Re the opposite: Two of my fellow UNICEF volunteers spent the last two weeks vacationing on a cruise ship off the coast of --
Norway!!! I asked them when they relieved me this afternoon how their vacation was, the female member of their unmarried (also!!) partnership said the sun is "up" only from around 10:30 am to 1:30 pm, so all we could do is go to bed; now it all figures!!! They are too old to have children, so I'll never see the results of all that bed-time; they seemed in an even cheerier mode this afternoon than usual!! That figures, too!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

8:16 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Glenn, how 'bout we compromise on Rainier's height, will 15,000 work for you?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being