Friday, October 17, 2008

Nominations

Comment from kransberg-talvi

How about this for skeletons in a closet: Every time I post anything related to the local band, my entries are removed from all search
engines. Repeatedly!

Check your own material. People in the IT field suspect a local, influential and VERY wealthy individual as the only possible culprit.

This is America--not China.

Yeah, in China they shoot bigshots who play games with their countries' economic structure.
Games that are essentially pyramid schemes.
We are not that barbaric, we aid, abet, and enable them with bailouts.
Because we are liberal and believe giving people a second chance.
Aren't we sweet?

Anyway, economics either is or are not very interesting.

What is truly important is the name for our new Prius.

We waited until we got the new plates to see if the letters spelled anything
The Volvo's name was LEA because the plate was ### LEA.
Unfortunately the Toyota's plate is ### YKK
If you remember to look at the various closures on your attire you will, or may, notice the brand logo YKK on your zipper pulls.

So "Zipper" is a front runner.

Or "Skipper"

That would go along with the Vespa.

Skipper and Scooter.

Not very scatological.

Scooter and Pooter would be funnier.

And with this once great country in a moral nosedive, funny is all we got, me amis.

I originally wanted to call it Fart, or Little Fart or Le Pet, because of it's utility in relieving gas pains, but Meredith says no.

Women are so proper!

So, as it stands moral nosedivewise, we should swap Sarah Palin for Michael Palin and elect Tina Fey president.

That's my story and I'll deny ever having said it.

Yesterday while in the midst of my downtown/music education jaunt, I was able to listen to YouTubes of Bach's first suite for unaccompanied cello played by Pablo Casals, M Rostropovich, and Yo Yo Ma.

Are we a lucky little blip in the overall scheme of things or what?

Anyway the project for recording the string quartet is proceeding apace.
I've almost got the score readable.
I've got a conductor and general organizer.
I still need violins, viola and cello.
I've talked to a cellist whose name you'd recognize in an instant (maybe two of three instances) who indicated that hiring himself might be possible.
This is a busy season for professional musicians, apparently.

I've sorta given up on putting the cello duet on the Dec. 5 salon.

Anomann arrives today.
Tomorrow it's the Rainier Symphony and Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique
Sunday it's Seattle Philharmonic and.....something new and exciting.
I could go and look it up, but...you know me.

P.S. I'm sorry about chickening out on trying to spell M. Rostropovich's first name, but gimme a break, I flunked out of collidge.

P.P.S. The scooters name is Cecilia anyway, V.E.R.D.I.!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Dude, I wouldn't be surprised by any one wiping out any info in this day and age (day and age, there's an original phrase.)

A certain political blog will never let me post a comment. Communist bastards.

I'm with your other half on staying away from the fartier side of car names.

But Cecilia, will she break your heart? Will she shake your confidence daily?

Got gas for $2.52, Regular today!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger kransberg-talvi said...

For instance: the other day this article showed up in a google search, with my name + Rainier, but not today.

(Now, I have a way of outsmarting this obnoxious mechanism).

I smell a rat. Do you?

Off topic: slip us a copy of the string quartet...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

M.K.T,
I just now got back from the Berlioz.
You guys nailed it!!!
That was one of the best performances of anything I've heard in a long time.

I smell a rat all right, I wish Hamlet were here.

More than happy to send the score and a computer simulation.
I haven't got a live performance yet.

J.F,
Cecilias break hearts, that's what they're for.
They also break down, part of the charm.
But there's free parking for scooters at SCCC.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Gas prices going down just before the election?
What a coincidence!
Isn't it just about time to have Osama bin Laden send a video trying to scare us into voting for the
Grand Oil Party?

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane+Readership,
YKK sounds very much like "Yuk!", NOT an appropriate name for that king-of-cars, Toyota. You should have opted for the "vanity" plate name "TOY"> Is this still possible??
Fragend,
Anonomann
P.S. If some rich Microsoftee is tampering with Marjorie's Blogsite, but not with yours, what does this mean for you??
Auch fragend,
A'mann

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being