Saturday, October 04, 2008

Swell party

Last night Meredith invited some friends from work and a good time was had by all.
About four beers into the evening, I heard some tinkling of piano keys.
I thought it might be the 6 year old boy who was playing with the stash of toys we keep around for baby sitting purposes, but it turned out to be someone reading through the scores of my "12 Variations on an Imaginary Folk Song" that I've been trying to play.
The score now has a new home, one that will be able to appreciate it more capably.
Also, I managed to unload 3 CDs of the piece.
And generate some interest in a couple pieces for soprano and piano.

Now I am waiting anxiously for tonight's SNL to see what they do with the Palin/Biden debate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
As you see, other people also like your compositions!! So, keep up the great work!!!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

1:39 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Terrific, it's party time at the Palmer Rancho. How neat to have someone snope around and get into your music. We all need some atta boy time, enit? Maybe your compositions will find thier way into the lexicon of society's musical tastes. Stranger things have happened, right? Nice to see Anonomann jumping right on the comment wagon immediately, while I loll away the weekends chasing grandchildren, and listening to the banter of all my children.

Saturday night was kind of cool. Shane Shier, my videographer pal, and I went Bigfoot Hunting, in the mountains up above Wilkinson, near Carbonado. The weather was wretched, rain and wind and fog. He had brought a bunch of expensive equipment, 24" super microphones, 4 million candle power spotlights. Downloaded Bigfoot screams from the internet, transfered to his lap top, and hooked up to speakers. We went back in like 20 miles, and got cold and wet, saw two deer, some bats, and about a dozen different parties of teenagers having beer parties. Shane has a loaded .45 in the car, and a shotgun. At one point about 6 young men raced out of the brush and surrounded our car; kind of Deliverance moment. It turned out OK, but there was a dicey moment or two. So we drove home where our wives waited, ate some pumpkin pie, and laughed it off.

I slunk off and wached the new Ed Harris western, APPALOOSA, and unlike the critics, I liked it. Viggo Mortensen and Jeremy Irons were in it too. Then I previewed the Peter O'Toole epic, VENUS, for our CSL screening this next Friday. Quite a film that.

How did Tina Fey do with her skit on Lady Palin?

Glenn

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being