Sunday, September 05, 2010

Igloo

Spent the day so far in frustration.
First trying to copy some of my writing to my computer so that I can print it out, but that doesn't work for some reason.
I can "copy" it but it won't "paste"
Guess I'll have to copy it from the site with a pencil then type it out.

THEN, I noticed this morning thatthe ukulele I glued the bridge and fingerboard on and finished yesterday was all wonky and misaligned.
Neck is warping or something.

I thought it was done.

THEN THEN I spent more than an hour pushing buttons on line trying to upload videos.
Accidentally got Youtube to take the violin concerto vids, so although I now know it's possible, I still don't know what the difference was, or still is for that matter.

So anyway, the vids are on Youtube but Reverbnation says the URl that I copied off the U2b site is "invalid".

So anyotherway, walked down to the library with M this morning to keep an eye on the place during it's week long closure (part of her volunteer work for that noble institution).
That was nice.
I think I'll go outside again soon just to soak up as much Vitamin D as I can before the snows fall, trapping us in the cabin for the duration of the winter.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lane Savant said...

Well. my in-house computer nerd just pointed out my mistake.
Wasn't even rude about it.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Actually, I'm in the process of hooking up a much newer machine, which, hopefully will cut down on the cussing.
Maybe I will be able to watch Youtube videos with out all the stopping, which kinda takes the fun out of music.

The former post, now removed by author was removed for repairs, this is the new version

7:58 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Your attempts at typing while
on a public computer at the
library were priceless; or maybe
one could buy them wholesale.
Still, some confusion prevails.
Did you, or did you not post
the electrifying videos of your
music performance on
YouTube? If so, what do we
search for, what is the title?
Why don't you embed the video
and post it here on FFTL?
There are those of us that
are champing at our various
bits to view the performance,
and another moment of glory
for maestro Palmer, enit?
It has been some time since
you mentioned your stepson's
name, and with the case of
CRS I enjoy, I have forgotten
it. Please share again.
Hopefully you wore some
sun block as you stood bare-
faced on the sidewalks of
Seattle letting the sun's radiation
have its way with you?
I never wear it, but I've already
had one bout of removing a
skin cancer with the dermatologist.
So, for Christ's sake, do not listen
to me. Had my two daughters who
live locally over for Sunday dinner
and a visit yesterday; played five
hours of pinocle, and the men
emerged victorious. My son-in-law,
Joel, chirped, "Men rule and Women
drool." An original thinker that young
man. I had to type up an agenda for
the Tacoma Film Club's executive
committee meeting coming up
for tomorrow night. Then I got
busy and wrote and posted my
invitation for all of you to attend
the TFC screening of Rob Marshall's
NINE, this Friday in Tacoma; a
rousing book end to Fellini's
8 1/2, which we screened last
Friday. We lowered the notches
on our new lawn mower, and
finally it is cutting low enough
to suit me. I had some more
tutorials from Joel with my Mac;
fear that I am too old and slow
to work at the speed he prefers;
he speaks Calculus, and I still
mutter in Algebra, and so without
a decent frame of reference I
get lost easily; the bane of many
boomers probably.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I posted the 2 violin concerto.
They are already available on this site.
As soon as I get the video of the latest performance, I'll post it here and on Youtube.
Keth, he's working on my new computer as we speak.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Glad you were able to post your Violin Concerto on YouTube or some other site! Hopefully, some violiníst and/or conductor will see it and decide to perform it publicly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being