Monday, August 30, 2010

After

a day of fooling around in Duke Nukem's world I got quite used to the fake dimension and cheezy 3-D effects. Especially the depth perception parts.
The perspective is just a trick on the flat screen, out there there is real depth, things actually are far away, it takes time to get from one place yo another.
And even more time to get back to the Whistle Stop for a delicious 'burger and a pint o'Guinness.
So this evening when M and I took a 3 mile stroll along the Cedar river trail it was nicely reinvigorating to see the real thing.
I did kinda miss not being able to jump ten feet in the air while carrying 200 pounds of dangerous weaponry.
But, in retrospect, not having those weapons with me was probably a good thing.
It seems that there is no reset button out there in the wilderness.

Wednesday I have a rehearsal for the violin/piano piece.

Friday it's show time.

Then I can quit being nervous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
What weaponry do you have that weighs 200 pounds??
Does your samaurai (sp?) weigh that much??
Tschüß,
Anonomann
P.S. As usual, the LL sends regards to you, Meredith, and Keth.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being