Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today, today and today

Got into a fight with my computer this morn.
It refused to save an Mp3 then refused to shut off.

Makes me wonder about driving a car that is totally controlled by the damn things.
the gas pedal isn't hooked up to the engine and the computer controls whether the brakes work. It's called "traction control" but the few times I've felt it kick in it's pretty rough, I could, and have on many occasions, done a better job of driving on slick surfaces.

Couple gentile taps from a sledge hammer rectified the little bugger's attitude all right.

Fooled around with my video editor, but still haven't figured out why Youtube won't upload it.

Sic semper video mundi.

M. just sent me to a BBC site to listen to a carynx (sic), a Scottish trombone all straightened out to be about 7 feet tall. Used to frighten off Romans. Apparently it worked.
Looks a bit like an alpenhorn.
Not too bad a tone actually.

Found out how to make "Chat" work on Facebook, spent some time schmoozing with Glenn.
Loads of hilarity ensued.

I'm going back...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Enjoyed browsing your stuff. I'm over from Glenn's.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

You all need to follow Willow
to her Manor, and check out
the Chapbook she is the
mistress of; MAGPIE TALES.
You might even find some
of my poetry sandwiched
in between copious submissions.
Keep bumping into Palmer
all over the web; guess I
haunt all those familiar
sites that he introduced me
to last year. Kudos to the
Savant. Melva and I are
headed off to Montana
for the weekend, so you
FFTL regulars will not have
Glenn to kick around for
a few days; but do not fret,
for like a virus, I will
reappear just when you
least expect it.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I linked Magpie. i mite even rite psumpthing

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
You just made me wonder how safe I am in a car (or airplane!!!) controlled by computer(s)!!! One wag once said the cockpit crew of the future would consist of a pilot, co-pilot and a dog. The latter's job would be to bite the other two in the cocpit if either touches the controls of this computer-controlled aircraft!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being