Friday, September 03, 2010

Tonight, tonight, (at 8:00) won't be just any night.


Tonight is the premier (and most likely, last) performance of my sonata for violin and piano called "eightball in the side pocket" or was called, anyway.
Now I'm thinking of calling it "Domestic dilemma".
The violin portrays a sullen girl sulking in a romance induced funk while a parent, daddy for this performance, but written for Mom (or MmoooOOOoooM!! as she is wont to pronounce it), attempts to console, tease, or reason her out of it but ultimately fails and the girl is left to float away into her romantic reverie.

Sorry I don't have a picture of a piano, you'll just have to use your imagination.
Hint, it's a big black box with teeth.

The solos, both the piano and the violin, sounded great to me at rehearsal, but the duet parts might need work.
It's hard to write conflict so that it works both as confusion and as music.
Hard for me, anyhow.
I have no trouble with confusion.

Chaos is the natural state of life, the universe, and everything.

We'll see tonight.

Hear, actually, we'll hear tonight.

Hear is what you do to music whenever you're unable to avoid it.

Or, at least, that's a reasonable survival technique.

*_____________________________*

It is really annoying for this site to constantly be telling me that it can't save my post because an HTML code is wrong because I haven't finished writing it yet.
Is it really necessary to automatically save every 20 seconds?

HuH?

Is it?

Really!

Am I really supposed to think of this random nattering is so friggin' important that I can't afford to lose a single mindless word?

hUh?

Especially since the world would probably be better off if I would just shut up in the first place.

And, in the second place, I will do that very thing NOW!

Humph!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that your use of language really sucks, really, really, really sucks.
You really should just quit it.
I mean it.
You're embarrassing me.

.....Walter Ego

1:19 PM  
Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Hope everything went off without a hitch tonight for ya.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Marjorie played beautifully.
My cynicism has been rent asunder.
I'll post the video as soon as I can.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Terrific, great, wunderbar, and
wowzer. For you to become a
full-fledged magpie poet and
Seattle renown composer in
one fell swoop is amazing. As
I muttered on your FB page,
and like G, I'm looking forward
to checking out the video of
this sterling magnificent event.
As to your rant about the
edicts and cyber postulates
that we have to suffer under,
I am with you 200% on that
one, brother. Finally I can transfer
jpg's to where I want, but still have
to figure out how to transfer
videos; something about embedding
them, and using some code or
other. I'll keep after it. My TFC
meeting went off boffo last night.
8 1/2 was a big event, like 28 folks
showed up. We rearranged things in
the two rooms of our meeting hall,
and everyone was appreciative.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Oh, and just so you know,
I did recognize, and did
appreciate your title for this
posting as that song from
WEST SIDE STORY.
So Leonard, or Lennie to
his butt buddies, is probably
turning cartwheels in his crypt,
but what the hell, he was only a
fag, right?

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Hope the performance of your Sonata for Violin and Piano went well and that those who heard it and can play the violin &/or piano will also decide to perfrom it!!!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being