Sunday, August 22, 2010

Today

I'm going to a memorial service for George Shangrow who I've never met, but he did say he enjoyed my music.
A much beloved local musician and will be missed.
I wanted to hire him to play the violin/piano work; he was not available for the concert, and now other events have intervened and he will never be available.

Later I'm hoping to attend a house concert put on by a local bass/cello duet.
If I can find out where exactly it is.

Tristan and Isolde, the opera we heard last night is a great work of art, but it's better not to pay much attention to the words, the music says it much better than the words.
It's about a form of hormone poisoning commonly known as "Love on the spiritual Plane"
A plane best known for it's spectacular crashes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Read some of your banter about
TRISTAN & ISOLDE on FB.
As you can surmise I have gone
totally ga-ga over facebook fun.
I tagged a couple of your profile
shots on your page and posted
them on FFTR under the title
of THE DUKE OF OIL.
What fun we boomers have.
Spiritual planes, like nether
dimensions, can be tricky
bizness. Glad to see you have
put your finger on the pulse
of things. My youngest daughter
Andrea had a twenty-something
Slip-n-Slide party at her place
yesterday, and Melva and I
attended just long enough to
scarf down a couple cheese
burgers, one dog, and some
brownies. I was up to 2 am
this morning posting pics on
my three albums on FB.
Daryl Anderson and Adrian
Sparks have taken the bait
and put dozens of comments
on some of them. Actually,
they,like you, were responsible
for forcing me to participate.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ah yes, the universal language spaks on all levels. And very fine music you have produced, are producing and will continue to do so.

xo

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Did the "Tristan" plane crash or fly for you, for Meredith????
At least, it was not computer-controlled!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being