Saturday, September 13, 2008

Movies, Bikes, Sherman

Last night we checked out Sherman Alexie's "The Business of Fancydancing" from the library partially because I wanted to see if I was in it.
I made it to screen for a second more or lass. Mentioned in the credits, too.
It was a crowd scene shot at Hugo House that a friend of mine (part of the book group) got me involved in.

Loads of fun.

Then, today I actually took on two tasks involving physical labor.
Mowed the lawn and rode the bike.

In one day!!!

14.1 miles in 1:15:44 hours at an 11.1 average with a 42.5 mph top speed for an accumulated total of 841 miles with temperatures in the 70 - 80 degree range

If I'm not careful, I'll be putting in 8-hour days again.
Like those poor Seattle Symphony workers.
Difference being, I don't have to, Gerry.
Plus I can actually enjoy myself.

As I'm doing right this very moment

I even managed to climb the hill on the freeway overpass.
Whew!
And Plus Also the Dead Horse Canyon Holyoke street hill that used to be a walker.

I tell ya, this "old age thing" is nowhere as awful as it was made out to be.

Why, I never felt better in my li...ack!.....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, again, Y´all!
The LL and I were invited by a friend of hers to spend a week in the friend´s vacation apartment in Graal-Müritz on the Baltic Sea NE of Rostock. It was a lovely week, with only one day of rain and water temperature of 17 degrees Centegrade, so the LL swam in the Baltic everyday except the rainy Friday. We had no access there to Internet, so that's why you haven't heard from me for a week or more.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:20 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Last year when I managed to get a copy of THE BUSINESS OF FANCYDANCING, I watched it twice, but could not get that glimpse of Sir Savant at the Hugo House. Kind of like my entire career as an actor, enit? Blink and you missed it. I did enjoy the film, even though in actuality it was more a fancy home movie, and that is why it did not do the box office of say SMOKE SIGNALS. But he seemed to have a blast directing it, and young Adam enjoyed being allowed to demonstrate his gayness.

You and Fidelio have become a regular item there on Lake Washinton Blvd. Perhaps you will have throngs following you like Forrest Gump did with his running. Perhaps you will become a folk hero. Gosh, 841 miles...

Nice that you worked in a slam for SSO and Gerry. We wouldn't want to miss out on that event. Dead Horse Canyon is very picturesque. You are missing some of its beauty by not walking up it. But then that's what jocks do, enit? Are you becoming an old jock, an old athlete? It is refreshing to see a senior citizen pumping his guts out, and keeping those calves in primo shape.

Since my CD player in my computer at the office will not cooperate, and the VA will not fix it because it does not promote a professional melieu, even though every one else in this goddamned place has a CD player in their computer that still works and they play their music to their heart's content--well, I finally bit the bullet and went out and bought a nice Sony CD player which plugs into the wall and has decent speakers. I am listening to NOTES FROM THE KELP as I type.

Glenn

6:04 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I appear in the top left of the screen during the scene late in the movie where Polatkin finishes readint and us fans crowd around with our little yellow books. less than a second.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being