Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Petal point

Eight oared racing shells along the lake, peach juice and a tuna salad sandwich on top of old Queen Anne, a diversion across the I-90 corridor nice weather whatta wonderful day.
Except for the complaining about the ride from C.O. Jones, the bike is working beautifully.

Splog, (I put that word in all the bike posts so I can find them again to check how I'm progressing)

44.3 miles
3:55:31 hours
11.2 average speed
37.5 maximum speed
827 accumulated miles

Temperature 63 - 82 degrees (Worth a Phd?)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Stroke, stroke, stroke was the byline bellowed from the racing shells. I always thought the coxswain should be female, cuz the men would stroke harder as she coaxed them on. Speaking of strokes, have you checked your cholesterol lately? We are at the age where strenuous physical or emotional incidents can lead to TIA's and CVA's. I, of course, have to take medication to keep mine down to 140. But then I am an overweight lump who, using his disability as an excuse, would not, and could not mount Fidelio for any kind of jaunt.

Could you see Mt. Rainier from the top of Queen Anne Hill? We, here in the South Sound, get gorgeous glimpses of her on a regular basis. I can see it from my office window over Silcox Island east out over American Lake. I call her "her" cuz that's the way my wife prefers it. I kind of regarding it as a him for most of my days, but I am trainable; regardless of rumor to the contrary.

Glenn

5:44 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Petal? Petal?...not Pedal?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

http://jenna.calixto.net/
I'm storing this here because I'm at the library.
Where I now have 90 minutes of online time. Who, Ray?

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being