Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life in the slow lane

O.K. Monday Repaired a wheelbarrow
Tuesday I repaired a wheelbarrow
We now have two big wheelbarrows, one small wheel barrow, and a two wheel yard cart.

Otta be anuff.

Plus, yesterday a brother in law gave us two bicycles he dint wunt enny moor.
There was a neighbor who may or may not have expressed a desire for a bike at the block party so I thought I might give one of 'em to her.
The other is a 21 speed trail bike with springs and shock absorbers.
So I'll ride that for awhile and see what it's like.

School starts tomorrow, I've switched from the bus to the Vespa for transport, at least while the weather holds.

I'll be working on the flute concerto which I've recently rewritten the first movement of which by to and for

Boredom and terror, a fine balance of those two is keeping my own useless self wracked with tension and aching back.

Haven't written any new music for a month or so, 'what's the point' sort of thing.

I am planning to don my "Day of Music" t-shirt and go downtown on the 14th just to see what happens.
Makes me nervous.
Chickening out will make me more nervous.
A typical lose-lose situation.

But life is made of a series of losing situations.
Whattaya gonna do about it?

Remember, we're all staked out in like lion bait in this life absolutely and completely alone.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

You think you got sompin to gripe about, try using a new Mac when your old brain is still thinking and problem solving with PC methodology. Joel assures me that my Mac is more user friendly. All I know is it is not behaving coherently. Yes, I will ultimately adjust to jumping back and forth from Mac to Dell at work, but the Mac techniques and programs are like learning a new language; possible but a pain in the tookus for old people like minezelf.

Wheelbarrows, yes, now there is something you have not built or manufactured. So now make a shitpot full of them, and give them as gifts or sell them, enit?

I remember trying give away or sell the old balloon tire bikes my daughter rode like 10 years to 12 years ago. Finally we put a sign on them, FREE, and put them in the front yard over night. Some one decided they were cool, cuz they were both gone in the morning.

Probably scooter commuting is faster than bussing it. Do you find that to be the case? In inclimate weather scooters would suck.

Is it the flute concerto that you are presently working on in David's class, or does he only teach music theory, higher math, and other dialectics?


Perhaps terror, a heightened state of alacrity is all that you can count on in this world to override your lethargy and boredom. The whole world is your oyster, and all 24 hours to each day belongs exclusively to you--how could you possibly ever be bored? Even good things like eating steaks, drinking fine wines, looking at naked women while eating ice cream, can get boring after too much of them. Good old human nature, what a reality.

What is controversial about a "Day of Music" t-shirt? Am I ignorant of some danger this puts you in? Or are you afraid of crowds, or failure, or incontinance?

I love that Palmer sage platitude:
"Life is made up of a series of losing situations." Hell, what about the peak experiences, and the winning situations, the small victories over ants on the sidewalk, and SSO goons on the sidewalk, and dumb girls who come up to you in the street and ask you stupid questions, and faggots on the bus?

There is a kernel of truth about coming into life alone, and leaving alone; that no one really gets that "close" to another human being. We may think we do, but we sure as hell do not. That's why a good dose of metaphysics might be in order for you, sir. The Universe will not abandon you. You are a "part" of something much larger than yourself, a vital part. Spiritually you are a giant. Physically you're still shining out there on Fidelio. So get over it, get a grip, chill out, and be thankful for those little things you are bestowed, like your heart beating and your lungs working and the odd erection.

Glenn

12:36 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

The day of music t-shirt is one they gave me for working the last "Day of Music"
It's a day of free shows at B-hall, SAM, and the Triple Door.
I also have a fund raiser for the O-man on the same day.

We use the barrows.

Scooting is way cooler than bussing.

David's class is the only class I'm taking. It's about composition.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
How did the "Day of Music" go?
Did they recognize you in your new bourgeois look????? Probably thought you were one of their Sugar Daddies!!
I read in the PI on-line that David Messler's Trio performed a work "dedicated to Benaroya (Hall)". How was it??
Highly interested in your answers!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being