Monday, June 16, 2008

Nice sunny day

Go for a bike ride.

Why not?

24.4 miles
2:08:27 time
11.3 average
33.4 Max speed
443 odometer

Half of Lake Washington.
Here to the I-90 floating bridge.
Cross Mercer Island
South to Renton
Round the airport
Back to here

In an entirely unrelated story;

Omniscient Mussel points out that two tones are not a chord, but a interval.
To make a chord you need to add a third or a fifth or both or even more
How would this apply to the Jane chord thing, I wonder?
What would a dominant seventh chopped out of War and Peace be like.

With a million or so words to choose from, how could one ever tune it properly?

Talk about your microtones.

The mind boggles, and I somewhat agree with Professor Peter Schickele as to the usefulness of a mind boggled.

I.E. it's not.

I am going to shut up now and see if I can find a picture for you.

Well cyberman is in a snippy mood today and won't load anything.
Maybe he just took advantage of the weather and is down at Seward park waxing down his carucha hoping to impress the girls.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Obviously, you have "healed up" from the million mile ride of last week on Fidelio. Yes, these afternoons have been sunny and almost warm. One would think it was mid-June, for Christ's sake.

I did get behind your introduction of the "Jane Chord" yesterday. I thought my witty dabbling into the concept would have pulled a comment from you, from Eddy, from Emily, or even Poo--but nobody rose to the occasion. Such is life on the old blogging planet, enit?

Is there a bike lane on the floating bridge, or do you just ride in the car lane dangerously, or on the sidewalk sort of?

Did Polalie ever return? How does Meredith's garden grow? Did Anonomann already come and go? So much unsaid in the World of Savant.

Glenn

5:27 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

There is a bike lane on both the I-90 floater and the Mercer island bridge.
In fact the more I ride the more trail possibilities i find
No cat
Anono, being done with SIFF, is off on an Amtrak adventure.

As far as gardens are concerned, we just this morning went to Sand Point and picked up a couple rain barrels and some sort of composting device.
Non of which will ever be of any use whatsoever.

So much unsaid because so much is boring.

Or "unsuitable" for public consumption.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for not dropping by earlier but I was down at Seward Park watching this gorgeous guy waxing his bright red Honda with all the trick stuff.
I was trying to catch his eye, but He rode off with this little snip of an Asian girl.
I guess he was only interested in live girls.
...............Emily

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Emily...?
You're hanging at the Park trying to pick up hot rodder punks?

Hondas?

I am aghast..

And that's not a fun thing to be

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being