Thursday, June 05, 2008

Now


is this groggy foggy and wet Thursday made glorious twilight by these long shadows and setting sunlight gleaming off wet surfaces.
But I, who was not made for this inane twaddle, shall talk of other things.

With any luck, I've replaced my profile music clip with my latest work.
It's called "A Walk in the Park" for string quartet.
Hope yez likes it.

Well it doesn't want to load...I'll try later.

Last weeks version is on my facebook site.

Anyway, today was wet and cold. My coffee (and a nice piece of pecan pie) at Caffe Ladro was followed a little further up the street by a Starbuck's tall drip belly warmer.

Got up the hill to SCCC way too early.
Wandered about for awhile and found the new location of Twice Told Tales, a local used book monger.
With utmost self-restraint, I managed to not buy any books.

Which was not easy.

The rest of the story is pretty routine, nobody asked me to read any strange words on any small pieces of paper (see Jeremy Denk's birthday announcement)

I did have a little economic adventure at the bank, however,
I wanted to change two $5.00 rolls of dimes into quarters (much more convenient for bus fare) one of the rolls was short by 3 dimes, but somehow the teller miscounted and I ended up with a $10.00 roll of quarters plus two more quarters.
I took her word for it but later realized I owed her $.80, which I shall return Monday when I go downtown again to the Chamber Music Society's fund raising luncheon.

Unless I forget.

High finance is such a giddy, breath taking endeavor.

Back home again I replaced the belt on the Hoover and drove Meredith down to Maya's for a Mexican dinner.

The house still smells of burnt Hoover belt.

Last night we watched Alex's neighbor, Steve Miller and his band.

Mainly because his show was on before the Bob Dylan one.
Bob Dylan at Newport, 1962, 1963, 1964.

What a wordsmith! A deep and profound sense of importance permeates his work, especially the early stuff.

Without any other kind of sense at all.

Love it!

Lemmesee if I got a picture for ya.

There, that'll work. It's an acoustic bass guitar I built a couple years ago.

I'll get the music loaded as soon as I can.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Yeah, wet and cold and drizzly and not real warm, the Spring of 2008--only a couple of weeks until the first day of summer. Only about a week until my birthday on the 14th, but I blew that by posting an entry called FLAG DAY on FFTR like last month some time, before I went apeshit and added over 400 more postings. By the way, you may have noticed that 26 of them are Bob Dylan song lyric "poems", with some great pics of Herr Zimmerman. I did it, in part, because of your interest and adoration for the punk.

Your banking adventure was exciting just to read about--God knows how you could have stood the stress and anxiety of actually experiencing it. Kudos for keeping your nickels in your jeans while perusing more books at TWICE TOLD TALES. That would be the equivilant to me going to a video store and not buying a DVD; tough to do, enit?

What channel was all these concertsd on, PBS, OVATION, what?
For some reason I do not have Ovation in my cable package, and it really does have interesting artsy stuff on it. I watch it when I go to the ocean. They have it in Gray's County and south of there, I guess.

On Saturday, we found a forest service road that heads northeast up into the upper Queets valley, looking for Mr. Bigfoot--but no dice. We did see a black bear cub, but no Mama. Sasquatch and I have a date; mark my words on that.

I really enjoyed putting your response to 4 Buck Gas on FFTR with a great 50's shot of Mel's Diner; the one they used in AMERICAN GRAFETTI.

I posted a couple fine bits of poetry and paintings from Rick Mobbs. He has been recruited to comment and submit to the Palmer/Buttkus Cyber Esoteria.

I am getting started on posting some vintage Western movie posters now, to run parallel to the great posting of LIFE, TIME, LOOK covers, and Frazetta and Steranko paintings.

Glenn

6:33 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

PBS

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

PBS, we don't have any cables

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Found this moderately amusing video
On Soho's comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LubuSAgB5s
Wanted to post it here so I can find it when I'm at the library, where my Bookmarks don't work.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hakko, Lane!
Doesn't Ladro have a "tall drip belly warmer"?? Why patronize that epitomy of egotistical capitalism that reeks of money
earned by its hardworking proletariat-customers and wasted at its counters when you can patronize a truly socially-responsible coffee house like Ladro???
Tschuess,
Mit sozialistischem Gruss,
Anonomann

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should have been:
Hallo, Lane! [not "Hakko"!]
Anyway, I appreciate your non-capitalistic sense of responsibility in planning to return the 80 cents to the bank cashier!!! Would Starbucks' Schultz have done the same???
Tschuess,
Anonomann

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, cool lookin' bass. I heart acoustic bass; someday will have one. Saw some upright bass thing you made a long time ago at one of the Salons: wasn't it out of wall paneling or something? Impressive. all that and he writes music too!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Hooverific...
That was the historic concert where the flutist blew my mind by thanking me for "letting her play my music"
The one who later filed a harassment complaint because I wanted to hire her again.
Who I'm still in love with because of that comment.
Anono...
I actually tried to return the $.80
But she wouldn't take it.
Banks...Eh!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being