Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ma questo é divertante

Whattaboringday!

I have been trying for three days to upload the latest string quartet to my SSI site so that it will appear as the music link on my profile.
All I get on this machine is "operation timed out" all I got down at the library was a long wait for nothing, and today at the library I couldn't log on at all for some bureaucratic reason or other.

Phooey, this piece is going to change the world's idea of what string quartet music is supposed to sound like, and I can't get the site I'm actually paying for to work with me.

Basta!

The cyberman is keepin' me down.


I suppose it's back to Arizona, where the sun shines through the snow.






Betatakin ruins.



These, I think are on the Aspen overlook trail.
We went down this one because we didn't want to hike all the way to
Betatakin and Keet Seel ruins which require long hikes so we just took the easy way out.
Betatakin is a five hour jaunt, and Keet Seel is a seventeen miler that needs a back country permit.














The cat we still have was named for the Keet Seel ruins.







These trails are at the Navajo National Monument.

After this, we went to Monument Valley, which was too full of tourists.
Walked around a bit.
Tried, but failed, to find the trail called "Wildcat" or "Bobcat" or some such.

So we moved on to Kayenta, the Anasazi Inn, and The Blue Coffee pot, where I encountered fry bread.

Molto yummy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

I love that line/the cyberman is keeping me down/ Yes, brother, that is precisely what that sombitch does on a regular basis. I have been having difficulty posting comments on Janet Leigh's blog, on Alex's, on Rick Mobbs. Are there just too many teeming trillions of folks out there all using the net as we do? Is there yet another conspiracy? How does the SSO figure into the mix? Sometimes I feel the maleviolent presence of the resonance emitted on the fifth floor of the Cuckcold's Nest, Cuckold's, Coocoo???

Your photos really transport back to Arizona, to the sites, the the trails, to the warmth, the glare, and of course the tourists. At Monument Valley did you pay and go on the Navajo Rez, and take a jeep and truck guided tour of the innards of the Valley? We decided that was the best way to do it. The monuments on the "outside" are kind of puny compared to the John Ford wonders on the "inside".

The motels at Kayenta are all sky high. There are not too many of them, and they all rip off touristas. Now there is a conspiracy. I think we ate at that cafe you mentioned, lots of flies, none too clean. I tried to knock down some kind of fry bread taco that was not the best; should have just stuck to the fry bread, and had a salad with it, enit?

I am certainly sad to miss the concert coming up in a couple nights. Will you and Meredith attend? Hope so. Is Anonomann in town still? You will see Alex in the flesh, as it were, once more. Maybe she will have her spouse with her.

Glenn

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

The Blue Coffee Pot was nice and clean and was decorated with...

Wait for it...

Blue coffee pots.

The mutton stew was good too.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Theres a poem for ya

Ahem;

The Mutton Stew -

Was Good Too.

Shave and a haircut two bits.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Great photos!!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Alex was there, we talked about you a bit.
I met Charles.
Meredith didn't go.
Anonomann Is taking in as much SIFF as he can and couldn't make it.

We didn't stay at MonVal cause of all the tourists.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being