Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday

No sleep last because of yesterday's adventures
Chamber Music Society luncheon.
Talked to some nice people.
Listened to R.M. Campbell.
He writes for the P.I.
His vocation seems to be fading away.

Soon all that will be left for me will be the cartoons, the crosswords and the horoscope.

Which won't be too different for my usual morning bowl of Cheerios™ ritual.

And you dearhearts.


Wish I'd actually been there accompanying my minimally animated corpse.
All that seems to have filtered through the fog of my diminished awareness was that the ARTS seem to be growing steadily as they die.

Good food. Salmon, Strawberry shortcake.

I drank no wine because.

I'm still tired, recovering, et cetera.

Tomorrow, it's

Larry Karesh and Dawn Clement

@

Nonsequitur & Chapel Performance Space
Good Shepherd Center 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N, Seattle
Good Shepard Chapel


Eight O'Clock

Wake me up when you get there.

Heres to the hithering thithering waters of...

Night.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

I love the stream of consciousness with which you blog, sir. It always draws the eye to your thoughts clearly; a task done less easily when the words and imagery are immersed deep within paragraphs.

That's why it is so easy to convert, to tweek your prose into free verse, because it is already half way there, liberated from conventional sentence structure, and unfettered with conventional wisdom, philosophy, or dogma--it is 100% Lane Savant proof.

Today, or more specifically tonight, there you will be at the Good Shepard Chapel listening to some dynamite jazz, and waving to Alex, you lucky cabbalero, you. But, of course, as the apex of your one man thrust into infamy, you deserve the good stuff; at least the concerts, meetings, museums, classes, and street musicians that catch your eye, and your drift, enit?

What a concept, /the ARTS seem to be growing as they die/. It sounds more like a virus than a happening, a kind of cultural cancer that is infected us all; woe be to us.

I am off to try and play with your words now, to see if there is a hidden meaning, or universal cadence to them, to see if they will post, once again on FFTR, under your moniker and my auspices.

Glenn

5:53 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

What a world! Alex is stopping by the concert tonight, and then it is onto Sea-Tac for her to flight to Denver on business. She will be gone all week.

Janet Leigh is diggig out of the aftermath of a tornado in Maryland, in the Shenandoah valley, and has no electricity and no air conditioning, and it is in the 90's there.

Rick Mobbs has just got a temp job working on a movie set in Sante Fe, NM, in terms of his livlihood, and his wife is due to deliver their next child within two weeks, and so he will not be blogging daily.

That just leave FFTL, and Palmer to salve my blogging virus, to keep my feeble cortex occupied. I put some pix of my first dozen cars on FFTR. Check it out. I also posted your prose, or some of it, as MONDAY, MONDAY, with one of Rick Mobb's fabulous paintings posted over it.

Glenn

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Campbell is on critic I DO read.
Sorry we volunteers weren't invited to hear him speak!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being