Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monolog

Good show,
especially Megan McConnel's singing and song writing.

I also got a chance to do a little stand-up comedy in announcing my piece.
"People sometimes ask me what I call my music.
Well...actually they say What? do you call that MUSIC?"
Total silence, 
I was about to say "That went over well" when they got it and laughed.
"It's sort of jazz and it's sort of classical but I refuse to use either Jazzicle or Clazz. 
I like to think of it as a place where Jazz and Classical go for a drink after work"
I'm a bit stoked about getting two laughs.
I'll post the video when I get back from Lake Quinault

I've always wanted to do stand-up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Congrats on your show.
You do deserve it, for you are
becoming a premiere composer,
one the Seattle's hidden treasures.

I liked this riff a lot, and posted
it in the Palmer archives over
on FFTR.

The L.A. train station re-posting
still works well. Nice that you are
picking up stray magpie commenters
even without posting it on
Magpie.

You and Miss M. completely enjoy
the leaky drafty splendor of whatever
cabin you picked this year at
Lake Quinault. We canceled this
weekend at Pac Beach, cuz
our family and friends all dropped
out of their invites.

Will miss your presence here for
this next week, but hope that
you will consume cookies, and
read a lot, and if the weather is
OK, do some hiking.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
I'd call your music "great", "a pleasure to hear". I'd use neither of these comments for almost 100% of the rest of classical music; as the pundit wrote, "the rest is noise!"!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:44 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Wow, there is snow on the yard,
and fat flakes in the air this
fine Sunday morn. I wonder how
this bodes for Lane and Miss M
over there on the peninsula at
Lake Quinault? Generally Grays
Harbor County gets slammed
when the weather turns.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud to read about your show.
fabulous news for all.
keep us posted.
you deserve the best.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poetry is fabulous...
Always, your support is valued and your efforts are counted...We love you as a poet, we treasure your poetry as inspirations to all of us.

week 11 is open now,
Hope to see you in...
xoxox

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being