Saturday, November 13, 2010

Amulet


METALLURGY

Eight years
I bought her the house
Worked hard to keep the roof over her head
Brought home the food that sustained us,
all the stuff that makes life possible
Nobody gave any of that stuff to me
But I brought it home
Shared it
That was the contract

Compromised, conceded, gave in a million times
Bent over backwards to make it work

Now she says she's leaving
Says she can't trust me
Says I'm a liar

All because that silly-ass necklace thing I gave her when we were dating,

wasn't gold

Only brass

11 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

The nerve of her! How ungrateful can a woman be? After everything you did! No accounting for taste or lack thereof.

Nicely written.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Jingle said...

she prefers gold necklace,
wow,
that's too bad that she does not trust you.
you deserve better woman...
cheers.
lovely magpie.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

I knew her, and it is my feeling
that the bitch did you a favor
by fleeing. It has taken you years
to recover your verve and self
confidence. Thank God that
you finally have made it back.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

It's the thought that counts, not the value. Wave her on her way.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Steve Capelin said...

Should have asked the jeweller for a certificate of authenticity. even a false one would do.
Nice piece.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Doc FTSE said...

That's so wryly sad . . but that's women for you. It's the gift that counts, not the thought.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Templeton's fury said...

good riddance to the golddigger!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I've never been one for gold myself. Silver's my thing.

Ahhh, Glenn knows who she was!

xo

3:13 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Sad tale - good read!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Sounds to me like you're far better off without the likes of her, Lane! Brass, indeed.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane & Female-Followers!
All that glitters is not brass!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being