Saturday, August 07, 2010

Well I

Can't show you the steps I'm repairing because Meredith is away to
N. California digging in some archaeological site.
Took the camera.
Cant imagine you'd be interested in that anyway.
I'm not all that interested myself.
So, yesterday, it was write music, it was saw and screw, it was a short bout of diarrhea, and read a book all night long.
Until I fell asleep anyway,
I still don't know who did it.

Sept 3 I present a new piece, (not new to you, it's the violin/piano one, you've undoubtedly listened to it many times on my little jukebox over there, but it's so much better live).
I've got my violinist (a genius) and my pianist (a veritable saint) so it's ready to go.
All I have to do now is spend a month agonizing over everything that could possible go wwrong

But what could go wwrong?

Just got back from driving the van to the hardware store for more lumber.
What is that steering wheel trying to say to me?
Why does it have 3 inches of free play when I can't find a loose joint or sloppy bearing anywhere?
No play in the steering box, new drag link (it [the drag link] did have play in the joints).

Annoying.

Also raining.
I could finish the steps today, but why get wet?
Hydro race tomorrow?
Blue Angels of mass destruction show?
In the rain and cloudy gloom?

We'll see.

I'm gonna eat lunch and get back to the music.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

rain, rain, rain on me
but let my violin / piano be
For wood and water do not mix
and a stairs I must to fix.

Thanks for sharing on the diarrhea. My day is complete now!

:)

xo

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

All the news that's shit to print.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very base of both of you.
I wonder why I'm so excited?

...........Tiny Tim

4:32 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Yes, rain, actual rain, has returned
to the lawns and lives of we
Northwesterners. Hell, it is grand.
Now I don't have to worry so much
about watering the lawn, and
Melva's tomatoes. I did get up
early today though and mow
our lawn, so I beat the odds,
dodged the wet bullets, and
feel so very very smug.
Hey Duglus, how do you get
into the house if you are working
on the front steps, go through
the basement, the side porch,
a back window? Just curious.
Only 12 members, all female,
showed up to see THE LOVELY
BONES last night. Will run off
here soon to do a film club
screening of MADE IN
HEAVEN; perhaps with the
soggy weather, more folks will
want to stay inside and see
a movie. When I hosted the
event last night, I opened
my remarks with "Ladies and
ladies..." Got a few chuckles.
C.L. Bledsoe decided he wanted
to be my friend on FACEBOOK,
so I took a little time and actually
opened up the damned thing.
I became Doug's friend in 2008,
and have never gone back to it;
too busy, and the VA blocked its
access. Now that I am actually looking
at the Home page, I now have to
figure out what the hell it is all
about, and how to use it; another
fine challenge for this old fart
with little to no computer smarts.
Nice to see Jannie busy over here,
and on my site too. She is the light
of the cyberness, the very spark
many of us need to keep rolling.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonomann....contact Carla.

............Rod Sterling

4:43 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Damn, sir, September 3 is a Friday
night, and I have a conflict with
one of my TFC screenings. What
is the universe trying to tell me?

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey putz, even doo dat VW is older dan da hills, youse better be carefull, cuz one of da boys mite'a messed wid dat steering box jest cuz youse pissed dem off
sum; dont no why.

..............Vinnie

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort of cool actually, over there
on Facebook; lots of old comments
that I can go check out, like a hidden
email account I have neglected, and
no can be the recipient of, or be
abused by, or delighted, shocked,
or pissed off. We'll see. Doug, since
you dragged me into the damned
thing, I notice your comments
outnumber all others. Should be
a treat to peruse.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Wait a minute. I am not Anonymous,
why did the web think I was. I know,
I know, if I was any smarter my
IQ would exceed my bowling average;
which is 74.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got golf scoring and bowling scoring mixed up, thought I was a world class athlete there for a while.

....Tiger Lebowsky

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane (& Meredith)!!
Maybe you aren't interested in the fotos Meredith is taking on her "dig" expedition, but the LL and I are VERY interested and look forward to seeing several on your Blog-site.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being