Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family matters

My nephew's kids;
From their dad's facebook site;


Wyatt likes the rapscallion, reprobate, scalawags who seem to be popping up everywhere these day's. He has a great knack for striking up conversation with the stubby-fingered registered sex-offenders in our 'hood' ( he say's "hi" as push him quickly past). I'm willing to lie to him here and lead him believe that, like his taste for bath-water and food from the floor, will surely stunt his growth or grow hair on his palms. Or maybe he wants to be in a punk band and work in social services. Ruby, on the other hand, loves to sit in her slippers and try and get me to throw away her banana peels. She might try and get away with throwing them on the floor like they were candy wrappers or something and say things in a very superior way like, "You're doing a very good job, daddy". When I heard a loud crash in the other room yesterday, I went in and found Ruby had fallen. "I told you I don't like it when you stand on your musical instruments!" I said peevishly. "I wasn't standing on it dad..I was jumping on it!" she huffed.


Aside from that, I'm having trouble with my Satirical sketch.
It's called "Clique and Claque, the Tacet Brothers".

Trying to write the dialog is making me crazy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Best wishes for keeping your relatives from standing or jumping on the musical instruments you build with such great care!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann (+ LL, who, again, says "Regards to Doug, Meredith, and Keth)

1:49 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Well, let's see:
CAFE VIGNOLE
Category: Italian
Neighborhood: Rainier Beach
9252 57th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98127
(206) 721-2267
cafevignole.biz
Add Photos Price Range: $$$$
Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
Parking: Street
Attire: Casual
Good for Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Takes Reservations: Yes
Delivery: No
Take-out: Yes
Waiter Service: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Good for: Dinner
Alcohol: Beer & Wine Only
Neat to have a good, and top
drawer Italian joint so close
at hand, and you found they have
entertainment too; such a deal.
Wyatt and Ruby do sound precious
and precocious, terrific to have
for neice and nephew, enit?
I seem to be too thick this
morning to fully appreciate
your Clique and Claque comment.
Does it have musical connotations?
Of course, it also, does seem
to be much like other satirical
bits you have written in the
past. In its finished form will
it appear on FFTL?
On Friday the 13th for me,
I hosted the most successful
TFC sceening ever, like 32 folks
attended, very loud, warm,
laced with levity. One of our
members had found a satirical
10 minute play based on 12 ANGRY
MEN, entitled 12 ANGRY PIGS.
We set up two tables in the
kitchen area, and put 12 chairs
around it, and read this play
out loud. I was jurer #3, the Lee
J. Cobb/George C. Scott part--
terrific fellowship, lots of
laughs, and later upstairs when
we screen LONELY ARE THE BRAVE,
everyone really dug the film.
I went out of there walking on
air, as did everyone else. This
was our last screening for 2009.
There will be some shorts offered
during our Christmas party on
December 4. So 2010 is looming
large, "The Year We Make Contact"
as the movie poster says, and
of course as I never get tired
of pointing out, the year I make
contact with my RETIREMENT!!!!
Oh yeah, badda bing, badda boom.
Then Melva and I had a laid back
10 minute week end. God, they
go by fast. Our youngest daughter,
Andrea came to get warm (her
apartment is cold cuz her
roommates are too cheap to turn
up the heat). She studied for
some graduate school stuff,
helped her Mom with meals
and chores. It was nice having
her around. After two months
she is disillusioned with her
two sister roommates, and is
breaking her lease, and moving
in with two other friends.
Another learning experience,
for sure. I picked up my new
copy of TRANSFORMERS 2: Rise of the Fallen, and enjoyed watching
it again. So much CGI it must
be like acting with only the
blue or green screen.
It was warm, like 51, this
morning, but the wind is up,
rolling white caps all across
American Lake, and serenading
me with the bending of boughs
in the fir forest that surrounds
our government stucco buildings
here. A storm is coming.
NASA got on CNN and made some
statements about 2012, assuring
us that the Mayans were full
of shit; that 2012 will be just
another year in our lives.
Good, otherwise my retirement would
only have lasted two years, and
what a bummer that would have
been.

Glenn

6:04 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Yeah, a musical term.
"Tacet" means "Quiet" "Don't play"
Coming up with dialog not to be spoken is tricky.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being