Sunday, July 05, 2009

3rd 4th 5th

I dressed up for the salon this time, don't know why. I guess it's just that I have all these jackets and black slacks and black t-shirts with Seattle Chamber Music Society logos on them and if I put them on all at once, it looks dressy.
Some interesting music, as usual. My favorite was the violin solo featuring eastern, Gypsy sounding music accentuated by the colors of some Chagall slides. Very effective.
Gavin Borcherd also had an interesting piece for cello and violin. Based in part on the sonorities of the hardanger fiddle, a Scandinavian instrument which is basically a violin with four drone strings running under the bridge to give it some uh...extra texture.
Confirmed my spot on the next salon. I'll be presenting a piano reduction of the 2 violin concerto. That oughta be fun.

Fourth of July had the family over. Janet, Mack, Leah, Wally, Ruby, Wyatt, and cousin Gary. Beer, barbecue, chips, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, watch all the fireworks lining the shores of the lake.
Made a video of me playing my rakett to post on my Facebook site.
Read a book too...about Roald Dahl's time during WWll in Washington spying for the Brits, hoping to get Us into the war.

Today laid around, glued strakes to the mandora (or whatever it might turn out to be)
Almost done with the hull next is the neck and the sound board. Sound board will be made from the soundboard out of my old $100 piano I had to disassemble to get out of the Queen Anne house when I moved out.

Not really in a crazy mood tonight, feelin' all mellow, can't think of a punchline for all this that turns it all into a absurdist satire on the state of my mental processes.

So, good night to all my loyal readers, the disloyal ones, too.
And goodnight Ms Ophelia, wherever you are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Are you going to wear one of your Seattle Chamber Music Festival t-shirts to the concert tonight?
See you and Meredith there.
Tschuess,
Anonomann

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being