Saturday, June 27, 2009

Never scratch a monkey butt.

"Monkey butt" is the official biker's terminology for the riding rash I've managed to acquire on my 100 mile ride.

If I were to drop trousers, I would look like a baboon from behind.
I've already got the look from front.

Did I tell you I rode A HUNDRED MILES in a day last Tuesday.
Well, I did.
It's almost worth bragging about.
But I am too modest.

Due to this posterior erosion I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been spending my days standing up and my nights trying not to sleep on my back.
I can do the wood cutting and fitting standing up, so work on the mandora proceeds.

I hereby present both sides of the object in question.

The mandora, not the burnt hamburger looking butt.






Mandora mold with latest strip being glued on.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I have no idea what you're making there in your woodshop but it looks freaking gorgeous and I hazard a guess that you know what you're doing. Maybe even did it before?

As to Monkey butt... how' bout some corn startch in your undies before you hit the trail?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

It's a mandora. It's a form of lute.
Also known as mandola. Small ones are mandolins.
Never made one of these before, but I have made violins, violas, cellos basses, and a rebec, which is sort of like the mandolin but smaller.
Pictures on my facebook site.

Corn starch, eh? Sounds like fun.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
The mandora mold makes it look like it would be an interesting instrument! Maybe a Sonata for Mandora and Rattan would be a really great compositon!
Charge!!
Anonomann

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Emily-Dickinson Fan!
Just found this quote on the internet:
"There's no frigate like a book
To take us lands away."
-Emily Dickinson
A very pithy piece, say I!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Was just treated VERY well by your superb dental hygienist; thanks, again for recommending her!! For other readers of this blog, she is the sole hygienist at the practrice of Dr. Charles Wallace, @ 3221 Eastlake Ave., E., near the intersection with Harvard. Phone for appointment:
(206) 633-5100. Nobody has done my teeth more thoroughly or more painlessly than this superb woman!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being