Monday, June 30, 2008

Seattle Symphony Orchestra rant.

Got up this morning had breakfast took off on Fidelio for a trip around the lake.
Got back before noon.
Statistics follow

Distance, 50.2 miles
Time, 4:18:52
Average speed, 11.6 mph
Maximum speed, 32,3 mph
Accumulated total 519 miles

I am exhausted.

Of secondary importance;

I put a comment on Seattle Symphony Orchestra's summer fest, site asking them if they still planned to have me arrested for coming on their side of the street.
They've removed the comment.
I am an officially "disappeared" person.
Apparently they are embarrassed that my nose has gotten their fist all bloody.

Embarrassed is what they should be.

When I complained to the city about their prejudice years ago, I was told that there was a statute of limitations of six months on any complaint I might have.
Apparently that statute does not apply to their continuing offense to me.

My only choice is to continue to be offensive, I guess.

No mystery why they can't keep an artist like Joshua Roman interested.

What pathetic people, what a pathetic organization.

My new string quartet is magnificent, so magnificent that even Meredith likes it.
She's a big R.Strauss fan, so I guess it doesn't take much.

O.K, It's been a full day, I'll knock off now.

Wait a minnit, lemme find you a picture.



A Symphony hall in a city that has made and continues to makes an artistic difference in the world.
Not some little wannabe logging hamlet with delusions of grandeur

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Man, "a logging hamlet with delusions of grandeur", that is some fine word selection, sir.

50 miles on Fidelio, jeez. These days to drive 50 miles in most vehicles will cost 12-15 bucks, so at least you are saving your scheckels, going green, and keeping your old muscles limber. Good on you.

Persona Non Grata, a "disappeared person"--odd, but you seem pretty substantial to the FFTLites out here. Perhaps the SSO does not have very many employees who admit following your adventures on this site. As to them removing your comment, what did you expect--that they would send you a thank you card, with the message,"All is forgiven! Please return to our premises immediately." ?

Pathos, bathos, mathos, palmeros--yup, the SSO meets all the "os" factor. You do amaze me with how long you can harbor a grudge, how long you can continue to rant at a blind behemoth, and indifferent corporate block of dullards. It does, however, give you something to fixate on when you run out of other projects and distractions, enit?

Glenn

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps what you need, Mr. Palmer, is a Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas. Take a look at a completely different strata of life, breathe some balmy air, slurp drinks with little umbrellas in them, learn to tango, return to your learning of playing classical acoustic guitar. If I was still amongst you, that would be my solution.

........Edgar A. Poo

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poo, you blockhead, my Douglas has every right to rant. SSO and its gestapo tactics has hurt him deeply, and since he is such a senstive soul, he cannot shake it off in a few short years. So get off the cruise banter, and just let the man get it out of his system--no matter how long it takes.

................Emily

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember what President Grant told the Sioux, Savant--"Endeavor to persevere." That still pisses me off after a 100 years.

........Chief Dan George

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Private Palmer:

You are a whinny sissy boy, a disgrace to the United States Army, and to America itself!! Will you never learn to accept the decisions of your superiors? Can't we all just get along?

.......General George Patton

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea that you might take up playing the guitar again. Poo was right on with that suggestion. Buy a good acoustic, and get on with it. Play my old stuff, and Eddie Cochran, and some getdowndirty blues stuff, you know, Ledbelly, Lightning Hopkins, Muddy Waters, Taj Mahal, and Robert Johnson. Those big hands of yours, with those long strong fingers just need to get busy. It might even enrichen your enthusiasm for your composing.

...........Eddy Emerald

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, hell, 1960 was not that long ago, when delusions of being a Guitar God were swimming in your head; dreams and aspirations. What would have happened to Jimmy Page and Pete Townsend if they had learned a trade, and worked as a wage slave for 40 years? Practive punk, get those callouses thick on those old fingers. You could do it if you wanted to.

..........Rick Nelson

5:55 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Eddy, Eddy, Eddy, I cant play guitar, nor can I play any other instrument, even though I know how.
I know how to become world boxing champ too.
I know how to win the Indianapolis 500.
I don't have the fineness of muscular control or the ability to concentrate necessary for actual performance.

Now, my composing seems to be telling me that I lack some subtle but crucial bit of psychology to truely communicate with my music.
It's a hobby.
I'm not crazy enough.
I'm just not a "believer"

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane, et al.,
Also I met on the train from Sacramento to San Luis Obispo a high school English teacher whose beard and hair out-do even Lane's, and he split his sides laughing at what the petite-bourgeoisie did to Lane!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being