Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On the road again. part one

Well, doggone it, My connection seems to be too slow to upload pictures right at the moment.
See them in part two.
So this post will be about the bike trip I'm still cooling off from.
Specs
Distance - 31.1
Elapsed time - 3:03:00
Average speed - 10.1
Maximum speed - 40.2
Odometer - 356

I tried some of that 5 hour no crash energy juice and it seems to work.
My legs are weak and my neck hurts but I'm still awake.

Maybe later I'll be able to post the pics of the trip to Page and the bypass loop to the crater and

Wupatki National Monument

The climb up the crater got my heart rate up, like riding my bike or thinking of Katy, or Robin, or Anne, or Liz, or Meighan, Or Ginny, or you for that matter, dearheart.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Computers are always so much fun. My son-in-law, Joel, tells me that my 10 year old Dell, which has been rebuilt once, is "too old" to do the things I want it to, like play your mp3's. I can do it at work, but not at home. Ain't that a bitch. Add to that the frustration of losing several long comments on Alex's blog. They just go off into some corner of cyber space and seem irretrievable. One poem I have tried seven times to post, and it is no go. Some of the comments go through. Go figure.

You and Fidelio--quite a pair there, old man. You are closing in on 400 miles total. That's cool. Doesn't 40mph seem like you are flying? There were several tourist trips offered at Page, AZ, that we passed up on; shuttles to canyons over on the Rez, I think. I am curious if you two did manage to check out the north rim of the Grand Canyon, since Page is the gateway for such business. I also find it curious that Melva and I somehow missed Tuzigoot and Wapatki on our travels. Hope that you stopped at Walnut Canyon, north of Sodona, and south of Flagstaff.

Glenn

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
How could you put Katy and Meighan in the same sentence?? Or was the "speed" in your bike trip a "drug"? You seemed sane, however, when I arrived the night of the 27th von dem Vaterland. Or was I too tired to notice your condition. Nice Katy and
------ Meighan in the same sentence!???!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

5:26 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Oh, I don't know Anono, ones heartrate can rise for a number of reasons.
Maybe it was just a Willie Nelson kind of thing.

Now that I think of it Butch, It might not have been Walnut Canyon where we got snowed on.
Where we got snowed on was about 10 miles east of Flaggers (actually in the city limits)
Stay tuned.

Staying tuned helps with your gas mileage.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being