Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stationary encounter

Before we got on the train, however, we walked through the station.


Looks like this. Majestic, I'm sure I've seen it in movies.
Birds fly in and out working the crowd for peanuts.
Or chips.
One came up to me while I was chewing on a tough cinnamon roll.
"Hey pal, you gonna eat that?"
"Sorry, it's not good for you little birdies to eat this stuff"
"You from Seattle, bird hugger"
"What's it to ya if I am?"
"You soggy envirocephs, are so lame"
"It's your health"
"You know, mossbrain, it's not those cheap levis that make your butt look big, it's all that fat that makes your butt look big. If you're so bloody healthy, let's see you do this."
With that, he flew to the rafters and emitted a white substance that seems to have permantly stained my REI Gore-tex jacket.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
This bird belongs in the Cuckucks' Nest @ 2nd&Union, 5th floor!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

8:08 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Great shot of the interior of the LA train station. Yeah, they use it in the 40's-50's period movies because it has not changed for 70 years; still looks great. Thanks for including it on this installment of ROAD TO RUIN.

I love your feathered encounter. Your ability to communicate with birds is uncanny. I thought you were only good with crows. It does bring to mind June 1966 for me, standing on parade on the grinder at NTC for our graduation ceremony from boot camp. A pelican was dive bombing a busful of waves, and crapping onto the windows. This event was taking some of our young attention span. The Admiral did not like this distraction, and this seemed to piss off the pelican, who mid air made a correction and flew our direction. The Admiral was standing directly in front of me when a cupful of pelican crap bounced off his shoulder and splattered on the side of my face and glasses, and dripped down on my dress whites. The Admiral cracked up, as did about 500 others who witnessed this degradation. I was excusaed to go "get squared away". The crap smelled a lot like kelp and oysters actually. Maybe Old Spice should bottle the essence. PELCIAN SHIT BREEZE, or something.

Glenn

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being