Sunday, May 25, 2008

Katy



Folklife was fun, as always. There was no instrument makers booth, but the music and the noise and the crowd were invigorating.
I ran into Katy Webber who I've talked about here before.
A real sweetheart, a singer lovely voice, and a songwriter.

  • Katy Webber


  • Really like her, meeting her made the crap I got from the SSO almost worthwhile.
    She still works there, doing the job that Bryan Stratton did.
    Head teacher and Soundbridge manager.

    I left the Festival before the shooting.

    Today was taken up so far by the Indy 500.
    I like the Monaco Grand Prix better.
    Much more interesting track and cars.
    Although seeing Danica Patric well and truly honked off because of a shunt in pit lane was worth the price of admission.
    Too bad security stopped her before she accomplished the murder that was clearly on her face.

    I'm taking a day off from the Road to Ruins, but maybe I can find a picture for y'all.
    Ah, yes the road to ruins itself.
    This, I think is still Tuzigoot.

    Perfect segue to next part of trip.

    I've got to go out and stock up on some groceries, Ciao!

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

    You got real lucky with the weather for Folklife. Too bad there was no instrument makers booth this year. I used to go every year to assist Sharon with her jewelry booth. I loved it. It was like a giant sized version of the one on the Ave in the U District.

    Nice that you and Katy had some face time. My three day weekend went by like wildfire. I spent bunches of hours working on posting for FFTR. That was a kick; over 800 postings so far. I put one of Alex's latest on this morning. Last Friday Melva and I went off to see THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA II, and it was quite good. Saturday we visited with some old friends who came in from Pennsylvania, attending an almost all night pinocle party. I do love to play cards; especially pinocle. Sunday, for my birthday, Melva had picked up some tickets for CIRQUE DU SOLIEL, out in Marymoor Park. What an event; my first time seeing one in person, and first time in the park. 2600 in the audience, and not a bad seat in the tent. Truthfully, I was a tad disappointed in the show. The big acts were breath taking, especially the acrobats and fliers, but the comic relief stuff was lame beyond belief. Then yesterday some other friends had us over for a BBQ, pulled pork extraordinare.

    Your pic of Tuzigoot is stunning, or Meredith's more specifically. It looks like a postcard shot. We are all eager to keep up on the Road To Ruins.

    Glenn

    6:23 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did you remember that my band was called THE EMERALDS? We played BUMBERSHOOT a couple of times, but never did the FOLKLIFE gig. Wonderful to have you back in the fold, Dougie. The old gang really missed your pith and vinegar.

    Eddy Emerald

    6:25 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hallo, Lane!
    Katy, the great blues-singer and human being IS the "Lead Teacher" at Soundbridghe, but not the manager; I think the Manager's name is MaryAnne (I forgot name, but not person; I'll relearn the former when I get back to volunteering there.
    Tschuess,
    Anonomann

    5:31 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Web Counter
    My worth as a human being