Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Side trip

Rather than take a nap this afternoon, I decided on a small bicycle jaunt down to Seward park, around the park trail, back to Dead Horse Canyon and thence homeagain, homeagain, tweedeleedee.

10.7 mi trip
58:31 minutes
10.9 avg speed
36.1 max speed
Odometer shows 325 miles, I'm not piling them up very fast, but what the hey?
You're supposed to train for at least 500 mi before you try the STP, but I'm not going to ride the STP.
I may get up to 100mi in a day, but I don't think I want to do it in a crowd.
I just don't have the social skills for it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Dear Outcast Biker:

Yeah, it is my understanding that a bike race/marathon can have all the excitement of standing on line around the block for a Star Wars premiere, with some bullys pushing and shoving, thirty kinds of epithets being bantering about, and drivers in cars threatening to extinguish your existence. In addition some nerd or other might actually talk to you if you got near enough. But thanks to Meredith, perhaps, you have moved forth from your habitat on a regular basis to attend concerts, rubbing shoulders and other body part with Joe Anyman.

Ride Fidelio, ride,
or is it roll?
Doug needs the speed.

Glenn

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being