Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yesterday again;

Chopped wood as a part of cleaning the driveway where the cars once stood.
Glued tile.
No class this week, spring break, not that I've ever shown any class at all.
Nor do I wish to.
I think I'll go downtown tomorrow anyway, they won't be expecting that.

Today again;
Who knows?

Tomorrow again;
Spring weather, lawn mowing?
Hedge trimming?
Lotus eating?
That sweet place between sleep and wake where one's own internal truths prevail.
Dreamt about pretty cars and Jane this morning.
You don't know about Jane, probably never will.
She's an incredible driver

Ho-Hum....How shall I carpe this diem?

Or should I just let it run unsupervised?

Am I my diem's keeper?

It's been around more than half it's life,
maybe its time for it to go out on its own.

Inspiration running low -
I think it's time for me to go -
Cant think of any more to say -
I think I'll just be on my way -
No more of this boring stuff -
I think you folks have had enough -
Mine is not to reason why -
It's time for me to say goodbye -

JuneMoonSpoonCroon
HiHowAreYouHowYouDoon?
ItsNowAnHourAfterNoon
YallComeBackNowVerySoon


ShaveAndAHairCutThirtyBucks?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Get down Dougie! I can dig it, and so can Eddy. Your whole posting is a form of free verse and forced rhyme: Stuff like--

Chopped wood
as a part
of cleaning the driveway
where the cars
once stood.

I am home this morning, having to slink downtown (Tacoma) meinzelf this morning for some blood tests, and to deliver some movies to a TFC friend.

No class
this week,
spring breek;
not that I've ever
shown any
class
at all;
nor do I
wish to.
I think I will go
downtown tomorrow
anyway--
they won't be expecting
that.

Tomorrow for me is a Departure Day. Melva and I are off the Texas for a week, heading to Houston, renting a car, and then driving to Dallas for a conference, and then on Sunday, driving down to the Gulf Coast to see her Mom for a few days. I return on Friday, March 4, and will be checking your blogsite to see what I have missed; probably quite a lot, enit?

Tomorrow
again;
spring weather,
lawn mowing,
hedge trimming,
lotus eating?
That sweet place
between sleep
and wake
where one's internal truths
prevail.

Just love how you are beginning to form the lines of poetic response, seeing it there under your fingers; seeing it in your mind's eye, where all that music comes from, and those images of pretty cars and Jane.


Ho-hum,
how shall I carpe
this diem?
Or should I
just let it run
unsupervised?
Am I
my Diem's keeper?
It's been around
more than half
its life,so
maybe it is time
for it to go out
on its own.

The rest of your journal cyber entry was cutsey as hell; forced rhyme, words shoved together against their will, against the will of God, against the will of the muses--and I loved it.

Maybe Jane will begin to appear on the pages of postings. That would be cool. Better check with Emily. She is one jealous broad. One of my labs is a fasting blood test, so my guts are rubbing on my backbone, and I have to take my handful of morning pills with just water; hell of a note.

I love what you commented on the end of your last posting, that as Blogmaster Lane, you "appreciate" having rabid and responsive blogmates out here, ready to reciprocate, ready to rumble, to tussle, to be your pal, or kick your ass. I guess that is the job I have accepted over this last year. Woe is me, enit?

Glenn

5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What cars did you get rid of?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Liz, the FIAT, the ALFA, and the Bristol.
I still have the stupid amphibian to worry about.

Butch, Jane is actually a real person, and as such, will only appear if she so wills.
Actually Liz knows her.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Thanks for keeping the "Amphibian"!!!
It's a great invention!!
The LL's sons and grandsons are very impressed by it, as seen on the video!!
Admiringly,
Anonomann (+ LL's families)

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Liz & Jane!
Welcome to the panopoly (whatever that is) of characters (real and created) on this blogsite!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being