Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas miracle?

It was a nice weekend; asolsitce party on saturday (Beethovens birthday) and a family party (wife's side) on sunday
At the solstice shindig, we wine drinking, cheese eating, Volvo driving liberals were discussing politics, when we suddenly discovered that we were praising Richard Nixon!
The theme was intelligence (guess why) and Nixon's was noted, along with some of the accomplishments of his term.

Golly!

And the possible solution to the Iraq question was offered.
Spring Hussein, put the statue back up, then look the other way for a few years.
Actually, I think we need to go back to WWl's Treaty of Versailles and restore the original political divisions separating the Sunni and the Shiite, separating the Kurds and...Whey?
Whatever, It aint gonna happen anyway.
I also found out that a friend of mine grew up with Michael Tilson Thomas. I now know his childhood nickname. Hah!
At the family gathering, I learned that there is a Psychiatrist or Therapist in the family. Boy the things I might have learned if only he hadn't honored patient-client
confidentiality.
Anyway, a good time was had by all.
It's nice to have family, even though my poopy brother-in-law refuses to get a computer, let alone go on line and face me like a man.
I don't believe that the Seattle Symphony Orchestra is being funded by the slaughter of sweet-faced baby seals. Although with what I hear about some financing scheme with an outfit from Las Vegas, I do worry about their kneecaps.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You relate to Nixon. It can happen again!! Agnew (Cheney) resigns due to corruption (Halliburton in Irak!!), Nixon resigns before being subject to impeachment (Bush's lies!!), so Speaker Ford (Nancy Pelosi!!) becomes President!! What a wonderful denoument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice writeup on the parties - I enjoy your writing; I found The Story interesting in word choice and unique paraphrasing and rather creative but disjointed and not impelling for me. Looking forward to another gettogether but will now enjoy your writings as well....de family shrink

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I doubt that Nancy P would issue an immediate pardon. at least, I hope she wouldn't.
It is most comforting to have in the family men older than I with grips of iron.

Disjointed is exactly why this recitation of facts in order of their occurance is puzzling to me.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being