Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Dream of Emily

I dreamed again of Emily
In a dark hour of the night
I dreamed we rode a carriage
Along a darkened path
Our souls together
Warm
Under a blanket of soft fur
Wordless we rode
Although we spoke, our hearts in time,
With a language of our own

That was long ago
An eternity ago
Now it grows light
The dream is gone
Forever gone, I fear
And yet, and yet, my heart declares
The dream will never go
My heart will always speak to yours
With a language of it's own

3 Comments:

Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

Finally got around to reading your blogs, You have a talent for writing and I enjoyed them very much, thanks

5:20 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

I enjoyed your writings to.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Fine sweet poem, Doug!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being