Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Meow, or how a clogged drain saved my draincat's life.

I'll tell you about our recent road trip later. This drama happened after that.

We determined that the basement floor was covered in water because the drain was clogged. It couldn't possibly be the new one put in just seven years ago with modern plastic pipe that will last forever. NO! Cant be.
Was, however.
We live on a bluff overlooking a main arterial (and the lake), so the drainpipe runs down a steep weed covered slope. The weeds (ivy and laurel) hold the slope with their roots, so that's good.
The weeds get into the pipe and clog it, so that's bad.
SO...I had to walk down to the street to see if I could find the sewer main whereupon
I discovered our cat huddled in a bed of grass. When I picked him up, I noticed his face was all bloody and swollen up.
At the emergency vet's we determined that he had been hit by a car and that his palate was split but otherwise He was more or less O.K.
He now is recovering (we hope) from surgery, but is very lethargic and won't eat or drink.
So we wait and try to get the medicine in him.
You wonder about coincidences like this, is this a message from God or something?
Wouldn't it be better to e-mail me?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that is certainly a coincidence that seems to be guided by someone who is looking after both you and your cat. I do hope the poor thing recovers quickly. What a trauma for the little guy.

btw...thanks for stopping by my site and reading. Thanks also for the link. I will link your site as well as soon as Blogrolling is up and running again. It's been on the fritz lately and my links haven't been showing up.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thank you clogged drain, ivey and all. If there is a guiding hand in all this, whoopee! If not, luck was on the side of the cat this time, whoopee! Looking forward to hearing about the trip and progress report on Meow's recovery.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Forgot to mention... here's a blog I think you will like ~ postsecret.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

hey man you just had a God wink.its when God comes to let you know that he cares for something you care for and he cares for you.in my life I have seen many.I will check out your blog more later just found it.God bless you and heal your little fore footed friend.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being