Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fidelio

O Callo, callay!
My 40 year old Peugeot 10 speed bike is out of the shop with a new rear wheel and tire. With a new front derailleur. With a new seat. With new handlebar wraps. Bless it's little chrome-moly tube frame.
BUT!
It has just started raining again here in Seattle.
How will I train for the Seattle to Portland ride?
With any luck, I wont.
TWO hundred miles? One weekend? Sponsered by a health organization? I won't need a health organization, I'll need an undertaker.
Young people ride two hundred miles in a weekend. Young people with muscles, Young people with lungs
With, whattayacallit? Youth!
You think I'm crazy?
No, seriously, do you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

No, seriously (quite seriously?), I don't think you're crazy. You can do it. You CAN! Ride in the rain; ride between the showers; ride and train and do the Seattle to Portland ride. You CAN do it!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being