Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blues

Not feeling too enthusiastic last couple of days. Mainly sleeping and reading my way through the "A" shelf of the mystery section of my local library branch.
Here's an old one. I have several and anytime I cant think of anything worthwhile
I'll publish one. OR, maybe all of them at once. Quod fiat, fiat.

I used to be a painter
My favorite color blue
Till someone stole my paintbox
Now I don't know what to do

The loss of my vocation
Has messed up my whole life
Now all I do is stay home
And make love to my wife

This kind of thing has consequences
I'm sure that you all know
And now I'll bet that you can guess
Where this little song will go

I got the babies 'cause I lost my blues



I refuse to apologise

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm just shakin' my head and tryin' to believe this... Try the color yellow (see this) next time ;>)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Blues come and blues go. This song was inspired by it's last line. Just an old switcheroo song.
Maybe there's a whole new kind of mood to sing about.
I'm a happy fella'
The world is so mella'
Feelin' quite swella'
I gotta case o'the yella

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The babies & blues line is clever

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being