Thursday, August 10, 2006

Surely not in church?

Last time I was in church, as I stood with the rest to pretend to sing, I noticed a feminine form in a pew ahead of me. As I was practising certain mental calculations concerning that form, The form's owner reached behind and began to caress a large muscle situated approximatly in the center of aforementioned anatomy.the very one I had been contemplating. Oh my God, thinks I, Minds can be read! She knows what I'm thinking. Thought transference is possible!
A little while later, as we all sat again, I noticed that I was getting a bit squirmy and realized that, because it was a warm and humid day she was just dealing with sticky underwear, and was a bit less inhibited than the rest.
Another triumph of rational thought.
Science sure takes all the fun out of life.

4 Comments:

Blogger musik-freak said...

If Emily is the one true love of your life (see your blog of August 1) then how could yuo get hot foer this woman in church (or was it Emily)? Just like a man!! - Skeptical

5:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

In defence of imagination + dreaming + fancy + lust ~ male AND female preoccupations from time to time ~ I believe they're the product of a normal, healthy person, and not to be confused with love.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Heron Heard said...

I agree with Robin. Your honesty is one of the things I like about your writing. Telling your truth. Who hasn't had lustful thoughts? Who hasn’t speculated and wondered about another person, most especially in situations where one is waiting, or bored, or stimulated? I seem to do it daily and it has nothing to do with the other relationships in my life. I would call it "being alive and being aware". I also understand the hurt I read in Musid-Freak's comment and hope that getting to voice her (I am assuming this comment is made by a woman) anger might be helpful in some way.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Heron, I believe music freak is being ironic. Emily is Emily Dickenson, who is dead. I have grieved enough.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being