Saturday, August 22, 2009

Music humor from the desk of Ann Cummings, pianist extraordinaire

Still too lazy to do any thinking of my own.....

C, Eb, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve minors". So Eb leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them.

After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying...........

"excuse me, I'll just be a second". Then A comes in but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. The bartender then notices Bb hiding at the end of the bar and says, "get out! You're a minor and the seventh minor I found in this bar tonight". Eb comes back in the next night in a three-piece suit. The bartender says" You're looking sharp tonight, this could be a major development" Sure enough, Eb Soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural.

Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminuation of a minor and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without a coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental

The judge rules that all contrary motions are bassless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Great musical parody!!
Maybe you might set it to actual music in a composition1
Tschüs (and regards from LL to Meredith, you, and Keth),
Anonomann

1:50 AM  
Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Ooookay.

The scary part is that for a Monday, I actually understood most of that.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Lethargy, oh lethergy, where
is thy sting? Subdued, subliminal
you say? Imagine that.
There probably are several
ideas, events, tomes, stories,
and odd snippets of wittisism
that you could dredge up with
a tiny more bit of effort,
but then perhaps not.
Lethargy can be a bitch,
as can depression, slothitis,
lazinia, and several other
maladies, enit?
I loved the "musical humor"
even though without being
able to read music, or compose,
of play it, it is like listening
to a Jewish comedian on the
Borsch belt telling a joke with
so many archaic Yiddish words
in it that we do not understand
most of it. Yet the tone is
funny, so we laugh anyway.
It is good to laugh, right?
And I felt free to laugh,
so.... My article in the
Tacoma Weekly came out, and
it was way cool. Have I
shared this already?
Anway, I emailed it to you
from TTW website. Hope you
received it. Some people will
do anything to get their name
in the paper. Melva and I
went out to see DISTRICT 9,
and I really dug it. She thought
the hand-held camera/documentary
style was too prevelant, and
she felt that the CGI for the
aliens was kind of mechanical.
She didn't see their eyes
enough to create the empathy
she wanted. Good points, but
I liked it regardless. Maybe
this could be one of the few
films you actually take Miss
M and go out and see.
I have been enjoying my new
Poet of the Week over on
FFTR, Doug Draime. He is about
our age, born in 1943, and
he writes strong and colorful
stuff. I finally ran out of
the on line free Scott Malby
poems. Actually I put in
several hours over the week
end posting more of Draime's
work. A poet named Doug can't
be that bad. Check him out.

Glenn

6:00 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Anon, set it to music? It already is the basis for thousands of pieces.
A portrait of the key of C.

G, Monday can do that to you.
Sometimes Monday can even make me feel like working.
I'm usually over it by noon.

Glenn, read your article, congrats, you are "published".
You are a journalist.
Hand held camera shots on the big screen can actually make me seasick.
Read a bunch of your Doug Draime posts.
Like his attitude.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being