Friday, August 07, 2009

Cookies

Another boring day.
Ripped some vines out of the laurel and trimmed the hazelnut.
Went to the store.
Glued the neck to the Mandola (or whatever it is)
I'll go get a picture before I post this.

Ummmm....Getting anxious to ride again.
Guess my hemoglobin is coming back up. Been eating more lately.
It just seems that a day sitting at a computer and fantasizing about things shouldn't need more than a bowl of Cheerios and a couple cups of coffee.

But Whaddwhyknow?

I'll go take the picture now.

Don't go away. I'll be right back.

O.K. here I am again just a sec while I process the pic'

O.K. here we are...



I've decided to make this a 6 string instrument and tune it like a guitar so I can play it using guitar chords and what little I know about playing the thing.


Meredith is making chocolate chip cookies.

I guess I should have taken a picture of the back so you could see the laminated neck.

Hang on a mo'

Here ya go...




The laminations don't show very well.....eh!






Swayt goes

3 Comments:

Blogger Mariana Soffer said...

I did not know you where a luthier, what a nice thing to do, I always tried to play instruements myself, but I woudnt dare making one ever.
How can it be a boring day it you have an intrument to make?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Never had any use for the cars I made. Never had any use for the boats I made. Don't have much use for the violins and flutes I made.
I just make things, it's a habit.
Nothing new. It's just the same thing over and over. Same results over and over.
I've got pictures of my other violins and stuff on earlier posts.
Just type "violins in the search bar.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
A besutiful instrument!!!!
Hope it sounds as great as it looks!!!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being