Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gigs and gigs

This will be my last post on my slow hookup.
Just installed a super duper fast modem and a seat belt on my twirly rocky chair.

Now where was we?

O yeah the opera was great especially the Schoenberg.
The Bartok was also s'mpn else but the Schonewhatsis. was a delicious mind trip.
All done up as a dream time drama.
A nightmare which is a better thing than the reality it hides.
Woman goes crazy in a 30 minute moment between consciousness and the un-version of same.

Whew!

Sunday was the Seattle Phil concert.
All America concert.

George Gershwin.....O.K... he's a staple of 20th cent. Amer. music.
Always have a few cans in your larder.

Overture "Of Thee I Sing" loads of fun is sweeping the concert hall.

Richard Peaslee...neverheardofim...

"Nightsongs" for alternating Fluglehorn and trumpet. Nice enough.

Oscar Levant....Yeah him...thinks he's funny or s'mpin.

Suite for Orchestra in three terrible movements pfaghh!

After the intermission we were treated to Aaron Copland's "Billy the Kid"

One of the great composers of the 20th.

Soon to be eclipsed by yerz trooly

Also my birthday during which I received mucho attention thanks in part to Facebook and my many friends whom I've never met.
And Some whom I have.

Also got a nice homemade cake from the stalwart Mrs M, a nice set of Sennheiser earfones from Keth, and the aforementioned hot-rod DSL hookup.

Book group was also a blast esp. when they stuck a candle in a partially eaten desert and sang the song.
Never did get around to eating any of it but it looked good.
And in that company it was undoubtedly delish.

And now as of a couple hours this morn, I have abt 2 1/2 mins of the third movement 2vln concerto.
Eat yer heart out Bela Bartok, Dave Brubeck and Leroy Anderson.

Now, M is to the library gone and I will away to the piano to pretend that I'm learning something.

3 Comments:

Blogger kransberg-talvi said...

If I have any role in the 2 vln work, I'm hoping you'll include a cadenza which features a primal scream. This, the scream, is my forte.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Your role so far is to "hope I write the thing"

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
The composer named "Yerz Trooly" is a 21st century composer, who therefore can't eclipse the 20th century "all american" Aaron Copeland.
Hope "Yerz Trooly" will be considered one of the great 21st century composers, but not if he writes primal screams rather than music.
Tschüß,
Anonomann (+ LL)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being