Monday, November 17, 2008

More splog

Aw rite.
Finally a nice enough day.
Went to bed early last night hoping I would get up early to make the ride but didn't fall asleep 'till 5 AM!
Just as I decided to bag it and get up then, it suddenly turned into 10 AM!
Phooey!!
But I did it anyway!!!

32.6 miles
in 3:00:40 hours
Average speed 10.8, a fast ride for me considering the hills and all.(3rd West is approx a kilo long)
Max speed 37.8, going down 3rd West (wheeeee!)
1124 accumulated miles.
63 degree temperature.

No wonder I'm out of breath, although I'm not usually.
Then again My legs aren't rubber as per usual.
My legs seem to be developing better than my lungs.
Or, maybe the sweatshirt I wore caused some overheating, ya never know.
Sure felt good to run cold water over my wrists and face, though.

So what else is gnu?
I'm reading Immanuel Velikovsky's account of the time God played pool with the planets.

"WORLDS IN COLLISION"


I mean, Einstein wouldn't let God play dice, he never said anything about pool.

I'm going now to catch some z's so I can be awake all night tonight, too.

So long and remember to hang by your thumbs.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Ride, Fidelio, ride! Who would have thunk that you could still be out there pumping your guts out in mid-November?

WORLDS IN COLLISION must have been written in 1949-50. It is a rare volume, and there is a Hebrew translation version out too. Amazon only has a few used copies all running over $50.00. No one has written a customer review yet, so you could be the first if you so desired. Barnes & Noble does not carry it at all. There is a newer book called WORLDS IN COLLISION about the turmoil in the Catholic Church. So you will need to share more about the book as you read it. Is this one of the esoteric volumes that your book club has assigned?

I got spanked a bit for posting Jannie's poems without asking permission. She did not mind too much, but one of her regular commentor jumped my shit about it. So there it is, Butch is a bad boy again. Actually her poetry, her stream of consciousness is very similiar to yours; a kindred spirit. She lists some "Madlibs" that were fun to read. Maybe you should get into that too.

The WV is "sunrk"

Glenn

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being